Double Take

Phayu smiled widely as his Nong walked over to them happy to see a familiar face, and  greeted him heartily as he gave him a one armed hug. He saw Rain hang back a bit, and then introduced them.

"Som this is Rain, a producer I'm taking care of . Rain this is Som, a nong from university he's a decent guy," He laughed as Som made a face at him and reached a hand out to shake Rain's hand.

He felt like there was a slight hesitation, but they greeted each other with no issue. Turning to the slender man he was gonna speak, but then he saw him stop as if to process. Eye's widening he turned back to Rain, and pulled something out of his back jean pocket.

"Wait... Rain as in the producer who is working with Nat from 'Motorcade Records'? Hoh....P'...I'm here to pick you guys up," He let out a surprised laugh as he showed them his welcome card with Rain's name on it.

Grabbing one of the suitcases that they had set down he led Phayu and Rain to the parking lot. The two of  them chattering happily as Rain trailed behind them, neither noticing the slightly deflated air around Rain.

*                    *                        *

Rain tried not to let it bother him, but he couldn't help the slight feeling of jealousy as he watched Phayu and Som walk ahead. It hadn't escaped his notice that Phayu called Som without honorifics, nor that Som had a slight air of puppy love whenever he looked at Phayu. They weren't  defined and didn't owe each other anything, but he couldn't help the tightening in his chest.

Pushing the feeling down he tried to reason with himself, and followed behind them. Now wasn't the time to focus on personal issues, after all he had come here to work and it just happened to be that Phayu was with him. They were in LA, the weather was great, and there would always be time to think about this later.

They walked to the car, and loaded up fairly quickly. They made their way to the Airbnb Rain had rented, and after dropping their stuff off headed to the studio for a brainstorm meeting. Rain breathed in deep, and smiled as palm trees flew past the car windows as they drove down the highway.

The sunlight and beach scents mingled with the smell of fresh asphalt, and warm bodies. Soon they were parked, and in the elevator of a small building. Veering to the right in a long hallway Som swiped a keycard at black door, and they all walked in.

Laughter and insults filled the air as Rain spotted his partners. A wide smile spread over his face, and he gave a round of crushing hugs to P'Mill and P'Grand. They huddled in the corner catching up as Phayu and Som did their own thing.

"Look at that ugly mug, what you been  up to P'Mill," Rain joked as he dodged a weak punch.

" Hoh look at you still pretty, but no game," He shot back in a amused tone.

They continued their banter as  they waited for the last of their party. Finally after 20 minutes the door swung in, and in walked a tall man with dark hair. Nat bowed in apology to the group, and moved to sit at the table wherever there was room.

Nat was 5'11 with dark floppy hair, hazel eyes, and a sweet smile. Despite how busy he seemed to be he had the air of someone going at their own pace. He was dressed casual in a street style sleeveless shirt that showed the abs he worked hard for, and ripped jeans that flowed down over his long legs. He smiled  happily at Rain, and soon they all got busy with the song.

*                 *                    *

Phayu found himself irritated the whole afternoon as Rain worked with his team, and the artist Nat. Every time he'd tried to have a moment with Rain he'd be called away. Nat was monopolizing his every moment, and while he'd been happy to see Som at first he had barely had a moment to himself since he'd permaglued himself to his side.