Cut you off

" Rain?.." a familiar voice called out to him as he and Phayu were trying to order. He felt skin of his back tense up, and the hand that was held clenched.

'Why the fuck,'  irritated he wished he didn't have to engage, but looked up anyways to no surprise at his ex Sig.

He could feel the annoyed sigh that threatened to escape, but managed to keep it down. The tattoo on his rib itched, and his heart twinge a bit.

He hadn't changed...

Sig looked like he always had in his memory, but the only difference was he wasn't his anymore. And according to that email he hadn't been for a long time. Remembering that email anger rose within him, and was struck by the ridiculousness of this.

Gritting his teeth he forced his mouth into a grimaced smile, and looked at his ex.

"Is there something you need," the ice in his voice antarctic levels.

He could see the surprise on Phayu's face out of the corner of his eye, but kept his eyes steady on the man in front of him. He could see the smile turn uncertain, and in turn he felt his become a bit bitter.

" Ai'Sig no offense, but why are you here? Did you forget what you sent me less than a month ago? Did you really think I'd be happy to see you?" The questions tumbled out as anger climbed him, and threatened to spew out more.

He felt a squeeze on his hand, and a thumb soothed over the back of his hand. They had come out for a date, but he no longer wanted to be here. So he rose from the table, and spared the man in front of him no attention. Looking down at Phayu he could see his confusion, and gave him a tender smile to show he wasn't mad at him.

" P'Phayu I want to go somewhere else. We can go somewhere we can be more alone," and with that he pulled his boyfriend up and they walked out of the outdoor seating onto the sidewalk.

He refused to look back, but couldn't help peeking at Phayu on his right. He knew the other man must be confused, but he really didn't want to stay there. After a few minutes the awkward atmosphere settled, and they found a nice place to have lunch.

Stopping at a Frozen Yogurt shop they got a cup each, and made their way down one of the many beaches in LA. Sitting down on a bench they looked out at the water, and all the people running around on the beach. Rain kept scooping strawberry topping in his mouth, but he could feel Phayu staring.

Afraid to turn his head he felt the older man shift on the bench as he settled a knee on the seat, and turn to look at him.

"Rain....nong Rain....Faen," Phayu tilted his head as he called to his lover in a soft voice.

He didn't wanna pry but Rain seemed to be affected still, and he didn't want him to look so down. He knew the man was trying to continue their date, but he didn't want them to play pretend when he knew something was wrong.

Rain looked up in surprise, and for a moment the glow of happiness he'd had this morning came back. Then a look of nervousness followed, and the younger man couldn't quite meet his gaze.

 He let out a small sigh, "Hmmm so my cute boyfriend doesn't want to look at me, does this mean he doesn't want me here," He continued as he got up to walk away but a hand grabbed his wrist.

" P'Phayu..." Rain grabbed his wrist, and pleaded with his eyes. He knew he was joking, but he didn't want him to leave.

Settling back on the bench Phayu reached a hand out, and caressed the side of his face. A small affectionate smile on his face.

"Then..is there something you want to talk about. I won't be mad, because we both have our own pasts. I just don't want you to think that you have to hide stuff like that from me."

He let the hand trail down to Rain's neck, and pulled him into a small kiss, before pulling back and reaching for his hands. He looked at the younger man, and put as much trust in his eyes as he could.

With a sigh Rain set aside the cold treat, and turned to look at Phayu. Biting his lip he entwined their fingers, and began speaking.

"The guy from earlier...the one I was really rude to is my ex-boyfriend," Rain let out another sigh before continuing.

"We dated for 3 years, and he left me high and dry for almost a year before telling me that he in fact had been dating someone for 9 months of that time," He explained to the man in front of him.

He laid out the whole story as he held hands, and hoped that Phayu understood. He finished with everything, and finally had the courage to look up and felt his blood pressure rise. He'd seen Phayu look at him like that before, but rarely outside.

"What a stupid stupid man," He whispered as he leaned in to kiss Rain.

His lips lingered, and clung to him as he sank into the kiss. Sunlight filtered through the trees, and the background noise of the beach faded around them. Breaking off the kiss before it could go someplace indecent, Phayu leaned his forehead against Rain's.

"His loss is my gain Rain, and I am anything but stupid...understand."

He leaned back to look into his eyes, and raised his arms over the younger mans shoulders never breaking eye contact.

Pink spread over Rain's cheeks, and he raised a hand as if to move one of his arms. Phayu tightened his arms, and jerked Rain towards him.

"Understand.." he repeated.

Phayu quirked his eyebrow at the cute man, and smiled as Rain leaned in for another kiss.

" Yes Phee," Rain smiled as he slanted his lips over Phayu's and fell into the kiss. Sucking in his bottom lip he nibbled on the plump appendage. A hand massaged the back of his head, and sweet shivers of pleasure ran up his back.

It had never been like this even with Sig. Phayu always made him feel safe, and understood. How the hell could someone he had known for less than a month make him feel so good. He soon put the thoughts out of his head, as he enjoyed the kiss.

He didn't know what was going on between them, but he'd stick it out to know. After all he was now his boyfriend, there would be time to find out.