Universe: Part Two

Several hours later Sky gasped awake, only to find himself tucked into bed. He sat up, or at least tried to until he realized that he was anchored to a warm body. Horror crept over him as he slowly turned, but instead of the man from the bar or the bartender he found a stranger.

Someone he had truly never spoken to at all. Sliding back towards the edge of the bed he watched the sleeping figure intently, trying to be aware of any change in the man. Slivers of light peeked through window slats, and he was able to make out a more of what the man  looked like

His body spanned the width of the bed, his feet close to the edge  as if barely able to contain the obviously tall man. Dark midnight hair swept over his face making him boyish in sleep, but his mouth was lush and full... a mouth for kissing.

He ignored that last thought. He knew this man wasn't his attacker, but still he didn't know if he was affiliated to him in anyway. So focused on studying the man in the bed before him, he hadn't realized he was being watched too.

He stepped back to put a foot on the floor, but  he was unprepared for the unsteadiness of his legs. He  pitched backwards, but found himself pulled forward by strong arms into an equally strong chest.

Sky froze but before he could panic gentle hands steadied him, and then pulled back quickly.

" Not to sound cliche but I'm not gonna hurt you, and you're still clothed," Prapai raised his hands sheepishly and tried to appear harmless.

The night before had ended in disaster, and he was hoping to skip any misunderstandings

Thinking back to the night before he remembered as Sky had collapsed into his arms. The man who had drugged him had been booked, and taken to the police station. On the other hand the bartender had disappeared, and they hadn't been able to secure him.

Prapai had been picked to take him home when they'd been unable to figure out his address, and all he had were business cards on him. His wallet hadn't turned up in the fray, and after all the excitement he was more than happy to go.

So he'd called a taxi, and dragged the gorgeous man home. He'd held him close to him the whole ride, and  tried to ignore the unfamiliar feeling of protectiveness.

The didn't know each other, they hadn't met, exchanged numbers, or even talked but Prapai found himself smoothing a hand in comfort down his back. Under normal circumstances he wouldn't even know his name, but as luck would have  it he had a business card.

'Sky,' He'd mused to himself as the taxi passed from public to private neighborhoods.

He'd lifted the sleeping man, and carried him down the halls of his home until he dropped him onto the soft sheets of his bed. Leaning back he moved to get up, but a hand wrapped around his wrist. He looked back quickly to Sky, and watched as barely focused eyes stared up at him.

" Don't..." his voice whimpered as he held fast to 'Pai's wrist, " Don't go."

Sky's eye's  closed again, and his shuddering breathing calmed steady and slow but his hand never let go.

Now Prapai looked at the Sky before him awake and aware, and wary of him. He tried not to let it affect him, but in quiet surprise he realized he was a little hurt at the man's wariness. Mentally shaking his head he chastised himself, of course he would be wary...he'd been drugged and woke up in an unfamiliar house.

Keeping his distance he filled in Sky about the last nights events, and watched as the man gradually relaxed. He gave him space to wash up, and pointed to where he'd set the phone he'd found in his pocket.

Prapai paced down in the living room, and waited for his house guest to come down. Soft footsteps tread down the stairs, and there was an awkward moment when they came face to face as Sky touched down on the ground floor.

" I called you a taxi...."

" I'd like to take you to lunch as a thank you..."

The two of them spoke at the same time, and for the first time since the last night a smile broke across Sky's lips. The melodic laugh washed over Prapai, and he vaguely wondered what the requirement's of Love at first sight were.

They'd made plans, and as he'd watched the taxi drive away with the beautiful man in it he was certain big changes were headed for him.

Now in the present Prapai knew the changes he'd felt were him recognizing the love his life. He let himself be led somewhere in the house. His eyes locked on the man who had gripped his hand in a white knuckled grasp.

Sky dragged P'Pai down the hall to the laundry room, and quietly shut the door behind them leaving the switch untouched. Stopping in front of the washer he tried to gather his thoughts, but couldn't get far with his emotions and mind in such a jumble.

The one man who could reduce him into a complete mess was in the room with him, and it took everything in him not to throw himself into his arms. He'd spent the last 2 and a half weeks the happiest he'd ever been in his life, until reality had ripped it away.

He wanted to turn and tell him to get out, but he couldn't even look up at him because if he did it would undo him.

"Sky...," P'Pai's hoarse broken voice called his name in the darkness of the room, " Please...please tell me what I did wrong. I'll change it..baby I'll do anything I can't live without you."

He listened as he begged him shaking hands stroking up and down his arms, as a face pressed against his back. His heart broke, and he questioned himself silently who he was doing this for?. He felt the man behind him slump, and lean against him.

" I can ...I can wait...if it's for you I can wait Sky. Just don't  leave me for too long...The wind can't blow without the Sky," with one last shuddered breath Prapai leaned back unsteadily and opened the door to leave.

Against his  better judgment he turned to watch him walk away, and felt his heart drop at his loves face. The hall light illuminated dull eyes, and the unsteady gait of a man who'd lost everything.

Sky berated himself what had been the point of leading him back here if they weren't going to talk. If he wasn't going to say anything, and with that in mind he opened his mouth.

*                   *                     *

While Prapai and Sky had a heartache moment in the laundry room, Phayu and Rain wound down the evening in the living room. Rain's  mother had enjoyed the rest of her evening with the two of them, but eventually had to leave. She'd waved an enthusiastic goodbye as she'd pulled out of the driveway, and then driven into the night.

As the two of them sat on the couch a figure walked listlessly out of the side hallway. Phayu watched his best friend walk out and make a beeline for him.  Grabbing his wrist he felt himself being pulled away, Prapai mumbling something about getting a drink.

He almost pulled back until he saw his face. Now he knew why he'd felt something was weird, but in all their years of friendship he had never seen that particular look. 'Pai looked like any moment he would cry, and so he did what any friend would do.

He apologized to his boyfriend, and hauled ass out the door. No words, no questions,no problem his family needed him.

The two of them stood in the front yard waiting for his brother Saifah, and a friend to come swap out his car for the bikes. He knew where they needed to go, and he sensed the talk would be long. He pretended not to notice the twitch of the curtains that had a direct line of sight of them.

He didn't question what had happened to Sky and Prapai, but he'd hear his best friend out and do his best to help. When his brother arrived he greeted him with a nod, and helped 'Pai in leading him as one would an elderly person.

He tucked him into the front seat, and with a questioning gaze at the house he slid into his seat in front of the wheel and they all drove away into the night.

Notes: Sorry the angst is so long, but it'll be over soon :)

Photo credit: Moment photo shoot re-posted on twitter acct @shipper_diary