Chapter 1- Libra Girls' Academy - Samidare Yui

You're a lot like the person I used to be—

This is what Ryūzōji Gekka, the great detective who started this series of events, an executive of the Crime Victims' Relief Committee, said about me.

This statement was not about my ability as a detective, but about my behavior. That said, the strength and performance between the [000] detective and me are almost worlds apart, there is no way to compare.

"You are the same as me, I can't tolerate the existence of evil. Therefore, in order to eliminate evil, I decided to get a weapon more powerful than it."

This is what Ryūzōji Gekka said.

I can't tolerate the existence of evil. I do have this mentality, and it has been engraved in my heart ever since I lost my sister.

But I am not like them.

Is it right to let someone cry to save another?

"Sacrifices are inevitable to achieve pure relief– that's the conclusion I've come to."

—Wrong.

This is the theory of the strong.

Only a person with natural talent such as Ryūzōji Gekka would come to this answer. I am a person who have no talent and have been living an ordinary life, so for me, this is a state of mind that I cannot comprehend.

Even so, can one still say I am similar to him? That can't be.

This battle is also to prove that he and I are not the same.

Also, Ryūzōji Gekka gave this game a lot of significance. There are several layers to it just from what I can understand. For example, one of the purposes was to expose the true identity of Mikagami Rei, a detective of unknown origin. Another one was to lure

Kirigiri Kyōko out of hiding. From a certain perspective, this is also a [000] rank battle he initiated. The future direction of the Crime Victims' Relief Committee can also be glimpsed at from the results of this battle.

This is the style of The 'Armchair Earl', the genius of parallel thinking and multitasking.

However... I can't help but think that there should be a line connecting all these tributaries.