Chapter 4- Part 2 Libra Girls' Academy - Samidare Yui

We were not locked up here by accident or chance, but by the murderer's plan. The murderer knew that we would come back to this room.

Speaking of which, why did we come back to this room?

Oh right, it's to check the body, so the murderer shouldn't have had a hard time expecting us to do that.

However, the ever important dead body is missing. Why did the body disappear?

How did it disappear?

Maybe if I can solve this mystery, I can find a way out of this room.

After all, the place where the body disappeared is this room, so thinking about it won't be pointless.

Right? Kirigiri-chan?

First of all— there is no doubt that Takesaki died in this room. It is also true that the blood that flowed from her head had dyed the carpet dark red.

Yet not a single trace of it can be found now.

How much labor and time would've taken to move the body out of this room?

I suddenly remembered the rack cart I used to transport the Virgin Mary.

As long as there are tools of that kind, the body can be moved relatively easily. Lift the body up on the rack, leave the room, walk down the corridor, and put the body down in a place where it's not easy to see. To hide the body, the place that comes to mind is probably under the pews of the chapel or in the toilet stalls.

Just about 10 minutes is enough.

The problem lies in the blood stains left on the carpet. How long did it take to wash off the blood that had penetrated the carpet without leaving a trace...

I got up from my chair and checked again where the body was before.

I touched the red carpet. There is nothing, not even the feeling of wetness, let alone blood. Although the carpet is red, the color of this red is very different from that of human blood, so I should be able to tell it apart.

"To wash off that much blood, I think it should have taken a lot of water, detergent, and time... But now there are no traces of washing, what's going on?"

I muttered to myself, with a high enough sound so that Nazuna and Tsukiyo could also hear.

"If there are special cleaning tools, it should only take about an hour to completely remove the blood stains, right?"

Nazuna said while combing Tsukiyo's hair. "An hour..."

I rescued Nazuna and Tsukiyo from the coffins and went back to this room with them. I think it was less than an hour, so it should be too early.

"But our enemy is that organization. They might have prepared some kind of machine in advance that can wash the blood clean, and then completely dry it... In this case, it's possible to finish it under an hour."

"But this has a condition, that is, Samidare-san must never come back to this room halfway through, right? If Samidare-san came back to check the body early on a whim, the murderer's plan would have gone bankrupt."

"Ah, true, they might've bumped into me by accident."

I don't think the murderer could have made such a dangerous plan.

The bare minimum is saying it took 5 minutes to move the body and 10 minutes to clean the carpet.

Is this even possible?

"What about replacing the entire carpet?" Nazuna said. "Roll the carpet to the edge of the room, while at it, roll the body in there, and then move it somewhere else. As long as two layers of carpet are laid beforehand, then there is no need to lay another one."