Chapter 11- Part 4- Daily Life

That is the culprit of the 'Twin Ability Development Research Institute'.

There is a wheelchair right in front of the man, and Kirigiri is on it. Her hands and feet are tied, her mouth is taped, and she looks ill and weak, but she still stared at me when she saw me.

"I've kept you waiting, Kirigiri-chan, I'm here to pick you up." I walked towards the wheelchair.

"Hey, don't act like I don't exist." Tsutsumi stood up on the table and jumped down from it. "Goodness, your rudeness is mutual, but let's talk for now. After all, you found this place very quickly."

He laughed while fiddling with the kitchen knife. "Please give her back."

I glared at him fiercely.

"Do you understand my intention?" "Yes."

"Let's hear it then."

"You give her back. In exchange, I won't expose your crimes and will let you go. That's all, right?"

I didn't hesitate at all.

Whether to rescue her or expose the perpetrator at her expense— this is hardly a choice, the answer was decided from the beginning.

After hearing my words, Kirigiri shook her head desperately.

She wants to say something, but because her mouth is taped, she couldn't utter a word.

"Wow, You're clever." Tsutsumi clapped his hands while holding the kitchen knife. "No matter how you think about it, you should do this. You won't lose anything. If you hold on to the pride of the detective, you will lose something important. That would be too stupid."

"Although I'm very unwilling... but things are indeed as you said." I told him.

Although this decision is tantamount to making all my efforts to get to this day with the help of so many people in vain... for me, Kirigiri Kyōko is a person who I will protect even if I have to give up everything. Losing her for not letting go of my pride as a detective is something I can't imagine.

"In the end, only those who understand the essence of the game like me can win." Tsutsumi seemed quite happy, unable to restrain the smile on his face. "You can get her back, but keep her hands as they are until you leave the building. Got it?"

"Understood."

I gently peeled off the tape attached to Kirigiri's mouth.

She looked at me with an almost crying face, but said nothing. Her expression is as if she has a lot to say, but she swallowed it all and held it back. I've never seen her look so shaky as she is now. I ran my fingers through her tousled hair and untied the ropes that bound her feet.

"Can you stand up?"

Kirigiri nodded and staggered out of the wheelchair. I quickly supported her from the side.

"Alright... let's now go to Ryūzōji and tell him the summoned detective is quitting the game."

Tsutsumi pointed at me with the kitchen knife and said. "Where are... we going?"

"The sealed off room on the first floor, the brats here wouldn't let me open that room, maybe there's something in it that they really don't want people to know about. For them, isn't it the boss's location that they don't want others to know about? They're just a bunch of kids, that's all they can do. Ryūzōji didn't go out at all, and now he should be in the surveillance room. As the game master, he's monitoring the progress of the game. Well, now that you understand, shake a leg, c'mon!"

Tsutsumi urged Kirigiri and me from behind, and we came to the hallway.

"Go slowly, don't try to escape." Tsutsumi exited the room.