Chapter 10- Part 2 'Goodbye' BAR - Mizuiyama Sachi

Yaki was about to run again, when the full swing of the iron pipe in Mizuiyama's hand smashed the back of his head.

Yaki made a frog-like cry and fell to the ground. Mizuiyama felt his pulse, and there was something, so she swung down the iron pipe again, making sure to kill him. With that, Yaki is completely dead.

Having learned the details of the two cases herself with the little time she had, Mizuiyama was satisfied with what she achieved.

It is meaningless to set some random traps to trip Samidare Yui. One must gain advantage by going there first. This is a common method to win in war.

Alright, now for the main event.

Libra Girls' Academy – Samidare Yui

"So you are the murderer... Mizuiyama-san?"

"That's right." Mizuiyama said, still pressing her nail gun against my chest. "As I thought, you and Kirigiri Kyōko took separate ways. I thought this would be a sure win, but I didn't expect you to know the secret of this 'Libra Girls' Academy'. Even if you knew, you couldn't do anything about it, but unfortunately, someone came in the way."

"You were one of the suspects in the Takeda Haunted Mansion case. Was that also part of the plan?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Everything was arranged by Ryūzōji-shi."

Various elements were intricate and intertwined with each other, forming the situation of this moment. And in the end, all this is still part of Ryūzōji Gekka's planning?

"Why did you kill Takesaki-san?"

"When I was a counselor at school two years ago, something happened with her. I'll skip the details here. You must be tired of this kind of long story, and my hands will be tired too."

Mizuiyama shook the nail gun to indicate to me.

"Mizuiyama-san, if you are really the murderer, you should know very well about the 'Black Challenge'. Your game is over. Even killing me will not change the fact that you lost."

"Yeah, I lost this game. But what about the rest of it?"

"Eh..."

"If the twelve locked rooms are not all solved, then you won't claim a victory over Ryūzōji-shi, right?"

I don't understand her intentions, and could only nod.

"Your comprehension level is not very good then. Do I have to make it clear? I don't want Ryūzōji-shi to retire now. Of course, whether he is a detective or an executive of the Crime Victims' Relief Committee."

So that's how it is... She is one of the followers of Ryūzōji Gekka.

Ryūzōji's outstanding performance is unmatched by other detectives, and many detectives have made him their goal and person of admiration. I used to have a lot of respect for him, and this respect has not completely disappeared even now.

"I once also wanted to be a person who can save others, but I lack one decisive thing, that is conviction. Sticking to your convictions is easy to say, but extremely difficult in practice. Giving up due to lack of ability, giving in to the opinions of those around you, giving in to power... For various reasons, conviction is easily compromised. However, what I saw in Ryūzōji-shi's expression was a conviction full of beauty in form. According to the laws of this world, 'beauty' means 'stability', from molecular structure to the golden ratio– don't you think the same can be said about forms on the spiritual level?"

Mizuiyama said with some excitement.

I couldn't quite understand exactly what she is talking about, but I got the idea that she admires Ryūzōji a lot.