Cpt 5- Pt 2 Medieval Western Europe Torture Devices Museum - Mizuiyama Sachi

Mizuiyama said to him in an alert posture. "You finally noticed me." He said.

He flicked a coin into the air with his thumb and caught it, repeating this action over and over again.

"It took a lot of effort to get you to spot me." "Do you have something to do with me?"

"You are following the case very enthusiastically. Is there any reason?"

"—Just out of academic interests."

"Really?" the boy said, flicking the coin high in the air. "I'm here to advise you, those people don't want to add extra victims."

"What?"

"Please don't do anything extra."

He said so, and instead of catching the falling coin with his hand, he raised his leg high and kicked the coin towards the driveway.

The coin flew through the air like a shooting star.

The coin landed on the street, and at the same time, a car drove past with its headlights on.

Immediately after, more cars also drove past one by one.

When Mizuiyama turned her eyes back, there was no one in the place where the boy was standing.

Only then did Mizuiyama realize that the scene of people coming and going on the sidewalk had resumed at some point, and she is the only one standing in place.

What in the world happened just now...

Maybe that was someone from the Crime Victims' Relief Committee. Was this a warning? Was he trying to say that the problem was that she is not the detective in charge but is still conducting the investigation?

However, as Kirigiri Kyōko and the others said, the act of the detective calling in their companions shouldn't be considered a foul in itself, and Mizuiyama was mentally prepared to take this step.

Mizuiyama regained her spirit and continued going to the cafe.

Karasuba Kariyasu was already seated inside the cafe.

He is putting both his hands on the table and staring blankly. His cheeks are unusually sunken, his hair is long and completely unkempt, he is wearing a cheap coat and a loose-collar T-shirt.

Even with no knowledge of psychology, it's evident from his appearance that he is mentally unstable.

As soon as Mizuiyama stepped into the cafe, the guy noticed her immediately and raised his face.

Mizuiyama made up her mind and walked toward him. "Are you Karasuba-san?"

She asked, and he nodded with burning eyes and a look of someone ready to fight.

Maybe she found the right person.

"I heard that you want to pry about Shōko?" His voice was calm.

Mizuiyama nodded, sat down on the chair opposite him, and ordered a cup of milk tea from the waiter. She wanted to introduce herself and explain why she is pursuing the case before the milk tea is served, but Karasuba spoke before her.

"Shōko was 3 years older than me. When I was in undergraduate studies, she was already in postgraduate. We met in the university library and started dating. This is the first time I've told others that I've been in a relationship with her, and Idogaki-sensei didn't know about it either."

"Why are you choosing to tell me at a time like this?"

"Why?" A bitter smile appeared at the corner of Karasuba's mouth. "I thought I should let you know in advance; you would have asked anyway, right?"