Chapter 2 Part 7 Transparent Black

Yūhain had fallen on the floor opposite the ice pillar. His flamboyant coat laying on the floor like a fancy rug.

Kadomi was standing beside him and yelled something loudly, it seems that he knocked Yūhain off his feet.

"All you had to do was be more honest and hand it over, trash scum." He is holding a silver ZIPPO lighter in his hand.

"Aha, you brats, look at this. This asshole hid the lighter. In other words, he lied to us. Obviously we're all friends who are chained together, so we have to get along!"

Kadomi spoke fast and endlessly, then picked up a stack of banknotes that had fallen nearby.

"That's my money..."

Yūhain raised his body and stretched out his hand.

Kadomi immediately kicked him, and Yūhain became a high-end rug again.

"It's ours, got it?"

Kadomi pulled out a bill from the stack of banknotes. Then without hesitation, he lit it with the lighter.

The banknotes quickly flickered and burned. Like a magician standing on a stage, Kadomi threw the flames into the air. But unlike magic, the fire did not go out, instead it drew an arc in the air, and then landed near the ice pillar.

The fire continued to burn for a few seconds until it turned to ashes.

"Yep, as expected." Kadomi said with his arms crossed. "Flammable liquid was seeped into the 10,000 yen bills."

"Flammable liquid...?" I muttered. "In other words, that money is—"

"The fuel for melting the ice."

100 million yen of fuel.

If only one piece can set off that many flames, it is not impossible to melt the ice pillar with 10,000 pieces.

But is what's in that little black box worth spending 100 million yen to get?

"Now then girls, stop starin' and get the money out of your rooms."

Kadomi pointed me and Kirigiri back to the rooms with his thumb. "Can you not arbitrarily advance the conversation?"

Yukimura, who came out of the room at some point, interjected.

"Huh? And who do you think you are. Gettin' a little too cocky lately, aren't you?"

"I have no intention of responding to your provocations." Yukimura stretched out a hand and said in a stopping gesture. "What you do with the 20 million in your room is your freedom, but forcing it on others is not nice. Yui-chan, don't listen to that guy."

"What you talkin' about? You wanna say the money in that room is yours? Wasn't the money originally here? It's not your private property!"

"Unfortunately, the money in my room is what I found. I won't let you use it as you please."

"You fuckin'..." Kadomi murmured, his makeup face twisted like a ghost, and then suddenly bent down on the spot. "If you don't listen to me, then this is the only option left!"

Kadomi reached for the holster on his boot. He wants to draw his gun!

I got into position immediately. But– the holster is empty.

Kadomi hurriedly looked around. But the gun hadn't dropped anywhere.

"Wh-where did it go?"

"Is this what you're looking for?" Yūhain said.

He kept his prone position, stood the picture frame on the floor, and aimed the gun at Kadomi through the frame.

"You, when did you..."