Chapter 3- Everlasting White

"It's time for the hall to open

"It's time for the hall to open. Good morning, everyone."

7 AM.

After three repeats of the broadcast, the door to the room was unlocked. At the same time, I hurried to the hall.

As if she calculated the time, Kirigiri came out of the room next to mine.

As soon as we saw each other's faces, we rushed over and hugged each other tightly. Kirigiri's body is ice-cold, like it has been seeped in by the night itself. Her face is no better, with thick dark spots under her eyes.

"You don't look like you slept well."

"Yui-onēsama... smells so good. Did you use shampoo?" "Ah, yeah. I wish they at least got us a hairdryer."

After one night, the appearance of the hall changed slightly. The walls and floors are lightly frosted down to the patio. Maybe it's because the temperature has changed since we entered the building. It suddenly became a world of pure white ice.

"Woah, it's so cold. After getting used to the warmth of the room, the hall is terribly cold."

I checked the thermometer in the cabinet, it's minus 10 degrees like yesterday. The temperature was maintained to a certain extent.

The ice pillar, which is the center of the problem, is also covered in frost and lost its transparency. the hole that we spent time digging has changed back to almost its original state.

"I've had enough of this ice pillar." "It's still better than a gunfight." Kirigiri shrugged.

The one who came out of his room after us was Yūhain. The hem of his imposing coat fluttered as he held up the picture frame he is carrying to us.

"Good morning, gentlemen. I know it's sudden, but I thought of a way to conquer the ice pillar."

"Oh?... Yeah right."

I responded dubiously.

"No no, it's possible for one person to do it, but it's more efficient if everyone work together. I'm pretty sure it's the ideal answer that the organization has arranged. What do you think? Do you want to follow my plan?"

"If so, whose property is that box?"

"Of course it's mine. After all, I'm the one who came up with the plan."

"Isn't that simply forced labor?"

"Not really. If I can claim the inheritance, I'll let you be the secretaries of the Detective King."

"No, It's fine." I replied instantly. "Speaking of which... what does the Detective King mean?"

"The one who rules over all detectives is the Detective King. Shinsen was the man who came closest to that. Unfortunately, he died in the middle of his ambition!"