Final Chapter- Kyoko Kirigiri

Kirigiri woke up in bed

She smelled the scent of disinfectant.

There is an IV pole standing beside the bed, and the tube extending from there is connected to her wrist.

This is a hospital room.

She felt pain, when she looked at her hands, she found it under several layers of snow-white bandages from the wrists to the fingertips.

Along with the pain, her memory slowly recovered. But it was a very ambiguous, unfocused fragment, like the blood seeping out of the bandages, blurry.

While staring at her hands, there was a knock on the door of the room.

The person who appeared there is a girl who looks like a high school student.

Yui-onēsama—!

Memories came flooding back all at once. Even though her consciousness was almost blown away by this torrent, Kirigiri closed her eyes and endured it. In this silent darkness, the months she spent with Samidare Yui flashed by.

She finally calmed down and opened her eyes. Standing there is not Yui, but a stranger high school girl in a sailor uniform.

"You are awake! I'll call the nurse now." She said with a smile, pressing the call bell. Who are... you?

Kirigiri wanted to ask, but couldn't make a sound.

But the other person seemed to sense what Kirigiri wanted to say from her expression.

"My name is Nazuna Tōakitsu." She bowed her head respectfully. "This is my first time meeting Kirigiri-san, but I have heard a lot about you from Yadorigi-san."

"Yadorigi..."

"We were involved in the same incident in the past—"

At that moment, the nurse came, took Kirigiri's body temperature and blood pressure, then confirmed the status of the IV and bandages.

"About your physical condition, the attending doctor will explain to you later, please wait a little longer."

The nurse said so and left the room.

Passing by her, another high school girl in a sailor uniform and a tall man walked in.

The man with the sunglasses and suit looks familiar. It's the detective she met in the 'Takeda Haunted Mansion' case, Salvador Yadorigi Fukurō, who helped her solve some cases.

"You had been very reckless again."

He said this, checked the position of the chair with the white cane in his hand, and sat down. the girl in the sailor uniform took his elbow and supported him.

"As you can see, that incident made my eyesight deteriorate. My eyes were already very sensitive to light, so it did not make much difference to my daily life... For work, I hired these two to help."