Chpt 2: The Rogue Princess

(Authors note: I have changed the timeline so Aemma and Viserys had Rhaenyra three years into their marriage)

It was now 17 years later. And a lot has changed. When i was only but a few years alive, my father was named King of the Seven Kingdoms.

The realm had to choose between Rhaenys Targaryen or my father. And surprise, surprise, the men of the realm choose Viserys and we have lived in the castle ever since.

A few days after my third name day, queen Aemma gave birth to my sister, Rhaenyra Targaryen. I remember it all so well. I was so excited to have a sister and i do love Rhaenyra, but it would be a lie if i said i was not jealous.

Growing up, everyone in the Kingdom treated me like dirt under their shoe. I thought it was just something that every princess experienced, but i was wrong. Rhaenyra was known as the realms delight.

But me. They called me the Bastard Dragon.

It was no secret that i was a bastard. And i was not ashamed of it. But it did bug me that everyone else seemed to be ashamed of me.

Yes my father gave me the same as any man's education which i was grateful for. And he never treated me any less than Rhaenyra. But sometimes that wasn't enough.

My father tried to protect me by not telling me what bastard meant but i learned quickly. In fact, it was Otto Hightower, my fathers hand, who told me what it meant.

One day i spilt wine on his shoe and he shouted "Get away from me, you bastard!". When i asked him what he meant, he told me that i was not pure Targaryen. That i was my father's burden.

I always tried my best to be caring, to treat everyone with kindness. But that day, i changed. I decided if everyone already thought i was a burden, i might as well try and be the biggest burden they ever had.

It started of small. I hid small rats in peoples shoes. Hid my fathers crown or his walking stick. Then i got more inventive. I began sneaking into town with the maids and sneaking men into the castle. Hiding in the bottom of the ships and going to distant lands and so forth.

My father often scowled me for these things but i did not care. But the thing he hated the most about me was my dragon.

On my eleventh name day, i stole a boat and made my way to Dragon stone. I walked into the mountains and came across a dragon feeding on another dragon. I should have been scared... But i was not.

The wild dragon was one of the biggest dragons i had ever seen. He was midnight black and had teeth bigger than the largest warrior in the kingdom. He came towards me and roared in my face. I still remember my hair almost flying away but i stayed calm and stared right into his green eyes.

That's when i tamed him. The Cannibal.

I rode him back to the castle as everyone screamed in terror. Everyone knew the Cannibal. They often seen him feeding on other dragons and some say you could hear his roar from all across the seven kingdoms.

My father was furious for ruining the celebrations but once you tame a dragon, that bond could never be broken until death.

Rhaenyra was frightened that Cannibal would eat her small dragon, Syrax, so my father had to build a second dragon pit. This was just the cherry on top of the cake.

"Gods, Rhaena! Your still in bed?!" Rhaenyra exclaimed as she barged into my chambers. I groaned as i turned over in my bed. "It was a long night" i mumbled.

Rhaenyra drew open the drapes as the sun burned my eyes. "Close them now!" i shouted putting the pillow over my head. "Why are you yelling, my lady?" someone mumbled beside me.