Chpt 17: A Stale Age

Ten Years Later:

"I don't see why you even try" i teased.

Brodon kept his eyes on mine, waiting for me to blink. But i wouldn't. I saw his face begin to twitch as his eyes watered. "Are you ready to admit defeat?"

"No" he snapped. A smirk tugged at my lips as my eyes stayed on his. And finally, after three minutes the man blinked. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" he muttered wiping his teary eyes.

I chuckled to myself putting my hand out for my prize. Brodon gritted his teeth as he handed me a sack of coin. We usually did these silly games... And i always won to Brodons disgust.

"Let's play again" he said. "Do you think i have time to play these games all day?" i questioned. "What else are you planning on doing today except for humbling my lord?"

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was right. "I have... Duties" i said. He scoffed. "Like what?" he asked. I hesitated for a moment as nothing came to mind. In truth, i didn't have anything to do in the North.

"Now," i said raising from my seat trying to change the subject. "As much as i enjoy your delightful company, ser Brodon. I need to find my children. Do you know where they are?" i asked.

"They are probably with my lord" he mumbled giving me a judging look. My smile faded, knowing he would never let this go. "Would you stop with that" i said grabbing my things. "I only joke... But i must say, those two dragons running around Wintefell... They do not look like Lannisters to me."

I gulped down my anger and gave him a fake smile. "And you do not look like a cunt. Yet you are. Now, i will take my leave but thank you for the gift" i said with a wink before leaving the room.

My time in Winterfell has been peaceful. The North has had a long spring during my stay even though it is still freezing. It was... Quiet here. No scheming, no fighting, no throne just... Peace.

I made my way to the courtyard, nodding to the Northerns as they said their hellos. Everyone had been unusually kind to me since my arrival. It may be because Rickon threatened them to keep their mouths shut about my presence or else he would cut their tongues out.

I still got the usual stares and whispers, but it was certainly a change from Kingslanding. I continued my way through the yard as my eyes fell on Rickon alongside my children.

Rickons son, Cregan, was training with my son Doran whilst Aemma sat at the sidelines with a scowl across her face. I smiled at the scene watching Rickons excitement to train the children. But that joy quickly turned to anxiousness.

When i arrived here, i had a plan. A plan to become "The lady of Wintefell". But that dream quickly came to pass once i fell pregnant. I had invited Rickon into my bed not even days after his wife's death, which he accepted gleefully.

But before we even had a chance to wed, i found my stomach to be bloated and my blood moon to be late. I believe it was the gods punishment for me to become pregnant at the worst time.

I needed the North if i was to take the throne but i also needed Casterly Rock... I needed the Lannisters more. So i had to convince everyone it was Lennons. But that didn't mean Rickon stopped visiting me after dark.

So i created a new plan. I would have my child in the North, then marry Rickon and have one of his ghastly creatures. But that plan was destroyed also. When i gave birth, it was obvious my twins did not have my Valyrian features nor Lennons Lannister features.

They were born with eyes of blue just like the Dornish sea, similar to mine... But they also had dark brown hair. Nothing i could do would hide this. And i knew if i was to marry Rickon and sire him a child who looks like "Lennons", there would be no question of who their true father was.