Chpt 9: Fleabottom Affairs

tw: lil bit of smut

"The man is driving me mad! He has been following me everywhere since the war had ended like a lost puppy, he is constantly making fun of my height and he won't stop grinning at me. All i want is to be left alone!" i exclaimed laying on Nyras bed.

She was brushing her hair at her bedside table as she laughed. "Maybe this is good that he doesn't hate. Everyone else does" she said. I sat up from the bed giving her an annoyed look. "What's that suppose to mean?" i questioned.

"I mean, you are pretty cruel to everyone at court so... Many people despise you. This could be a good thing that he doesn't" she said. "You don't despise me, so you?" i asked. "Of course i don't. But lots of people do."

"You've grown some balls since i've been away" i mumbled. "Someone had to give father a hard time" she teased. I smirked slightly at her new born confidence. It was then i saw that she had her feasting dress on and her hair seemed neater than usual. "Where are you going?" i asked looking her up and down.

She froze as i spoke. "What do you mean? It's after dark... I have nowhere to go" she said. "I mean, you have been brushing your hair for over an hour and you have your feast dress on. You are meeting someone, aren't you?"

"I am not!" she exclaimed.

"You are."

"No i'm not."

"Yes you are."

"Rhaena. I am going to bed soon. I just... I just wanted to see if this dress looked nice on. I'm taking it off soon" she said. "Alright" i said. I didn't believe her for one second. "Well, if you are going to sleep soon... I better leave."

"Very well" she said. I stood over her and tied up her parted hair. "Your hair looks nice like this" i said. She gave me a small smile. "Thank you" she mumbled. I rubbed her shoulders as she stared at herself in the mirror. "Have fun" i teased before walking out of the door.

Once i closed her door, i was met with ser Criston Cole. "You waited for me" i said with a smirk. "It's my job to wait on you, princess" he said. "Of course... That's why you stayed."

"Are you doing anything tonight, princess?" he asked. "Why? Do you want to take me somewhere?" i teased. "I mean, am i walking you to your chambers or downstairs" he said trying to hide his smug smile. He failed.

"I believe i'll just retire to my chambers. You are welcome to join me if you wish" i said. His cheeks turned bright red as he hung his head. "It was only a joke, ser Criston. But i will be there... Awake... In my nightdress" i said.

He gulped as i looked up at him. I chuckled to myself as we arrived at my chamber door. I leaned against the door refusing to step inside yet. "What will you be doing whilst i'm in there?" i asked. "My job, my lady. Guarding your door."

"You remembered i liked it when you called me '''my lady'... Huh?" i said. "It's my job to remember what you like, my lady" he said. I rolled my eyes playfully. "You keep taking about 'your job' why can't you just say you don't despise me" i said.

"I don't think i could despise you even if i tried, my lady."

My cocky facade faltered as my smile faded. I remembered Nyras words. "Many people despise you. This could be a good thing that he doesn't."
I gave him a small nod. "Goodnight, ser Criston" i said. "Goodnight, my lady."

I slowly shut the door and took a deep breath in and out. To be honest, all i wanted to do was drag the man into my chambers and do things the god "The Maiden" would despise me for.

I began to change into my night dress until i saw a mysterious bag with a note on my table. I slowly made my way over to it and began to read the letter. It was a map of the secret passage ways in the castle.