Chpt 11: Power Is Power

I made my way to the dragon pit after changing into my best dragon riding gear. Most of the castle was asleep so i knew i could escape easily. But as i walked in to meet Cannibal, i was met with someone else... "Hello Daemon" i said with a small grin.

His face faltered once he saw me. I'm sure he was expecting a bad reaction from me... But after i heard what he said to my father, i have decided to forgive him. "Rhaena" he said with a nod.

"Where are you off to?" i asked as he stroked Caraxes ruby, red scales. Daemons dragon did not seem to dislike me as he did others. Maybe because she took a liking to Cannibal. I often saw them together in the Dragonpit.

"Your father has banished me to Runestone to see my lovely lady wife" he said sarcastically. I tilted my head taking a step towards him. He took a small step back as i smirked. "Funny... Why did he banish you?" i asked pretending to be obvious.

"You know why" he muttered. I gently placed my hand on Caraxes as she squealed. "I don't think you should go back" i said. He gave me a confused look. I don't know what surprised him more. The fact i was telling him to stay, or the fact that Caraxes did not react more harshly to my touch.

"Where do you suppose i go? Pentos? Dorne?" he questioned. "Let me rephrase, you should go back to Runestone... But stray for a while. Don't return so soon" i said. "And why not?" he asked. "Do you trust me?"

He chuckled softly. "Not really" he said. "Well, you should. Because if you do, your life might just get a lot better" i said trying to match his size. Daemon was growing more confused by the minute. "Why don't you hate me?" he asked. "I was almost sure you had followed me down here to feed me to your dragon."

"I thought about it... But you aren't the worst person at court i guess" i said. A smile tugged at his lips. "Perhaps Caraxes and i can venture the skies for a while before we reach Runestone" he said.

"Good... Then i'll see you soon" i said. My hands moved from Caraxes scales to Daemons hand. He didn't flinch at my touch which surprised me. I squeezed it tightly before mourning Cannibal.

We flew out of the Dragonpit, which i'm sure my father would hear about sooner rather than late. So i had to make this journey quick.

Runestone...

Lady Rhea Rhoyce was the head of house Rhoyce. She often spent her days hunting or riding her horse through the green fields of the Vale. She liked her life. She was content which is more than some people get in a lifetime.

As she was riding through her land, she was met with her cousin. She rolled her eyes slightly as he stopped to greet her. "Lady Rhea!" he said. "Cousin" she mumbled.

"What's todays quarry? Rabbit?" he asked. "Deer" she said. "Fine challenge" he said, unsure if a woman could actually catch a deer successfully. "Would you like some company?"

"I'd rather ride alone" she snapped knowing he doubted her. She rode off quickly hoping her cousin wound not follow her. And to her misfortune, he didn't.

As she continued riding, she spotted a hooded figure hiding within the fields. She slowed down her white horse, looking the hooded figure up and down. "Princess" the woman said, a smirk tugging at her lips as she saw her.

Rhaena did not speak a word. She took a few steps closer to lady Rhea, stroking her horses snout. "What brings you to the veil?" she asked. She got not answer.

"Or has your father at last grown tired of your presence?" she questioned. She still got no answer. Usually in the presence of royalty, lady Rhea would not be so crude... But Rhaena was just a bastard. So she believed she could say what she wanted.