Chpt 12: The Wedding Of A Lion And A Dragon

(Authors note- High Valyrian will be in this font when spoken)

I did what the Lannister man said. I walked back into our fathers and put on a fake smile. And it wasn't long before our wedding was arranged. My father didn't want to invite the whole of Westeros to our wedding simply because he believes i'll cause trouble.

But what he didn't know was that i had a plan. I wasn't going to cause trouble for a while... At least not visibly. It was now two days later and the wedding was tomorrow.

I was sat in the Dragonpit along with Cannibal, reading under his hauntingly large figure. He liked when i read to him. And i needed his comfort at this time. Rhaenyra has been rather busy with her knight, ser Harwin. She tried to speak with me about this marriage but i have avoided her with every turn.

Another person i have been avoiding is ser Criston. I have not spoken to him since everything has happened. I was dreading to see him and hear what he has to say. And Daemon is... Well, gods only know where Daemon is.

My father made it clear he is not invited to my wedding nor any other event at court. He was more angry at his brother than i thought he would be. As i was reading the histories to Cannibal, i heard light footsteps make their way towards us.

Cannibal growled at the shadowy figure until they stepped into the light. I rolled my eyes slightly as i saw Alicent Hightower. I settled Cannibal down once i recognised her. "Princess" the girl said with his head hung. "Your grace" i said standing to my feet.

"Your handmaidens are looking for you... They want to fit you for your wedding gown" she said refusing to meet my eye. I held my tongue at the thought.

"I don't wish to be found" i said. She nodded. "Alright... I'll tell them i could not find you" she said about to walk away... But she didn't. She turned around to me as i sighed.

"Are you... Excited about your wedding, princess?" she asked. "What do you think?" i mumbled. She gave me a weak smile, refusing to step any closer to Cannibal. "I mean... He has traveled all the way from Castelry Rock to meet you and was rather eager to marry you... I think it's quite romantic."

I tilted my head at the girl as her smile faltered. "Well, in some ways" she muttered. "Do you wish to say anything else, your grace?" i questioned sharply. She paused before twisting the ring upon her finger. "I only wish to comfort you, princess. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable at your own wedding feast. This should be a good thing" she said trying to give me comfort.

"Then let me ask you, Alicent, we're you happy when you married my father?" i asked. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. "Exactly" i said. She still stayed put as i gulped.

"Has my father spoken to you about me leaving Kingslanding?... Is he... Happy about it?" i mumbled pretending to not care. For a moment, Alicent didn't seem afraid of me... She seemed almost... Sorry for me?

"I'm sure he'll miss you presence, Rhaena. He loves you" she said. I scoffed and shook my head. "Sure... Of course.... Thank you for your kind words, your grace. I'm sure i will be very happy with my new husband. Now, can you leave me please" i said.

She nodded stilling giving me a sweet smile. Once she left the keep, i threw my book away and put my head in my hands. I loathed the thought of spending another minute with that Lannister man. I was unsure if i could do it at all.

Cannibal felt my nerves as he nuzzled his snout into my shoulder. I rubbed him gently trying to remember what i was doing this all for. I was doing this for something important. It didn't matter how i get there as long as i get what i want.

The Wedding...

The handmaidens spent all morning readying me. None of them ever spoke to me. They simply just got me ready and left as soon as they could. I don't know why... But i guess i preferred it that way.