Chpt 13: The Wedding Night

The journey to Casterly Rock was quiet. The only sound that could be heard was the waves crashing against the ship and Cannibal flying over us.

I stood on the deck of the ship, looking out on the dark, cold night. "Casterly Rock is not a bad place to live, you know. We have some of the best wine in the Seven Kingdoms" Tyland said inching his way towards me.

I gave him a weak smile. "I do like wine" i said. He chuckled as he stood beside me. "I'm sorry for your wedding being cut short" he said. "It's fine... I should have known my father would have done something like that. He doesn't trust me."

"I wonder why?" he questioned. I shrugged. "I wonder also" i said pretending to be clueless. "I presume it's because of my low birth. It's not like i asked for that. He acts like it was my choice to be a bastard!"

He gave me an apologetic look as i sighed. "I should not speak of the king this way. My apologies, lord" i said. "It is fine... I know the thoughts of your wedding night must be playing on your mind" he said.

I winced at the thought. "It isn't that horrible. Once you give my nephew an heir, you will be free to do what you wish. You only have to see your husband at events and other than that, you don't even need to speak to one another."

I nodded. "Thank you for your kind words, lord. I'll remember them" i said. The man turned to me and laughed. "You know, i was weary about having my nephew wed you. I heard rumours that you were a bit... Well, mad? But you seem like a very kind girl" he said.

I fought the urge to laugh at his words. "Thank you?" i said. He put his hand on my shoulders giving me a small nod before he left my company.  Suddenly, the boat shook against the hard waves as i lifted my head. "Gods be good" i muttered under my breath seeing Casterly Rock coming into view.

It was even bigger than i could have imagined. Not as big as the castle but... Big enough. Once the ship docked, we were brought into a carriage which led up the high mountains. Lennon and i were immediately led to his chambers when we stepped inside their home, with ser Criston following behind.

I hesitated before walking in the door, clutching the necklace Daemon had gifted me many moons ago. "Well... Come on. We don't have all night" Lennons said. My eyes slowly drifted to Cole who had been sent to guard the door.

He didn't dare meet my eye. I held my own as i close the door behind me. Lennon immediately began to undress as i rolled my eyes. I began pouring myself some wine as he sighed.

"Pour me one too. I'll need it" he said. I bit my tongue trying to keep calm. I poured us both some wine and handed it to him. I then looked the man up and down with judgment as he chugged the chalice in one gulp.

He threw the cup away, waiting for me to undress. "I'm not finished my cup" i said. He gritted his teeth as he grabbed my shoulders tightly. "You are my wife" he spat. "And i am not done my wine" i spat back.

I saw his blood boil as he threw me to the bed. I rolled my eyes at his short temper, waiting for my plan to work. "You... Are my wife. And you will do as i say. Do what i... Do... What i... I-"

The man suddenly dropped to the ground, hitting his head off the concrete floor. I finished my glass of wine as i threw a blanket over him. "I told you i hadn't finished my wine" i muttered under my breathe.

Once i made sure he was passed out, i began to fix myself  in the mirror. I brushed my hair quickly, drinking another glass of wine before opening my chamber door. Ser Criston gave me a confused look as i smiled excitedly. "Princess?... What are you-"

Before he could finish his words, i dragged him inside and locked the door behind us. Coles eyes drifted from me and then to Lennon who was slumped on the floor. "What did you do?" he asked. I scrunched my nose up at the man as i chuckled. "I keep some poison in this necklace for safe keeping. Did you not know?"