Chpt 5: Dragon Stone

It was now the following day and the castle seemed quieter than usual. Only maids in sight. I was making my way to Rhaenyras chambers until i saw Lord Corlys storming towards me.

I turned around and began walking the other way, hoping he didn't spot me. "Princess! Princess Rhaena!" the man shouted angrily.

I sighed as i put on a fake smile and turned to him. "Lord Corlys! What a surprise that you are here! Do you-"

"I am finished waiting. I am going to war with the Sea Snake. You father can not stop me. My offer still stands if you would wish to join me" he said.

The man seemed more furious than usual. "Lord Corlys, i have thought about it all night and i think it would be best if i stay. My sister will need my help. The next few years will be important for her. She needs to prepare to inherit the throne and i need to help her."

Corlys gave me a surprised look. "I chose you to help win this war because i was told you were the coldest maiden in the kingdom. Was i wrong?" he questioned.

I shuffled uncomfortably. "You were not wrong... But as you should know, the iron throne is larger than any war. Any person. It needs to be taken over by someone capable. I believe my sister will need my help with that" i said.

Corlys scoffed. "I thought that with everything going on with your father and the Hightowers you would like to run far away from here" he mumbled. I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" i asked.

"You don't know, do you?" he questioned. "Know what?" i asked getting more worried. "I believe you need to speak with your father. He seemed to have told everyone in the kingdom, apart from you, the big news" Corlys said as he stormed off.

I looked back at the man as he walked off, still not knowing a word of what he meant. I made my way to the council meeting room and walked inside to see nearly every important man and Alicent Hightower standing there in silence.

"Father... What's going on?" i questioned. "Rhaena... Hello" my father said as everyone stared at me uncomfortably. "I've heard something... Troubling... Has happened" i said. "Rhaena... I need to tell you that me and-"

"Excuse me, my grace, but i believe that the princess would like to know about... Something else that has happened" Otto Hightower said cutting my father off.

"Could someone please tell me what in the seven hells is going on!" i exclaimed. Everyone stayed quiet. "Otto, what is the... Other situation that you speak of?" my father asked.

"The dragon keepers have informed me of an incident that has happened not but a few hours ago" Otto said. "And what is that?" i asked angrily.

"A dragon egg has been stolen from the Dragonkeep" he mumbled.

Mine along with everyone else's heart in the rooms stopped. "How did this happen?" i asked gulping down my anxiety's. "It was prince Daemon... He is the culprit, princess" Otto said.

"Daemon?" my father mumbled with shock. I sighed angrily. "He said that because he is the rightful heir to the iron throne, his child deserves a dragon egg as soon as possible" one of the Dragon keepers said.

"His child? Daemon has a child?" i questioned. "One of his many whores i presume" one of the men at the table mumbled. "This... This is nothing less than sedition" i spat.

"My brother wishes to provoke me for taking his throne. He wants me to give him what he wants" my father said. "And he can not have it. The throne is not his and neither is this dragon egg. We must do something" i said.

"What would you have me do, Rhaena?" my father asked weakly. "Send him to the wall! Threaten his whore! Something!" i exclaimed. "Daemon has surrounded himself with an army of gold cloaks. We can not reach him that easily, princess" Otto said.