Chpt 15: Secrets And Death

When Cannibal and i arrived in Kingslanding, it was nightfall. I made him land far outside the city walls hoping my father would not have heard about my arrival home yet. "Jikagon arghugon sir. Māzigon arlī skori nyke jorrāelagon ao" i said as i jumped off of him. "Go hunt now. Come back when i need you."

Cannibal seemed reluctant to leave me as i ran my hand down his scales. "Go" i whispered. With hesitation, the black shadow of a dragon fled into the night. I sighed watching him leave as i pulled a large hood around my head.

I made my way through the dirty streets of Fleabottom looking for the inn i so often used to visit. I knocked on the large, wooden doors as a small child answered. I knelt down to his size as he looked me up and down. "I'm looking for Mysaria" i whispered.

"Who is calling?" he asked. "Tell her an old friend" i said. The boy ran down the hall as Mysaria stepped out from the shadows. "Princess Rhaena... It's been a long time" the tall, lean woman said.

When Daemon took Mysaria to Dragonstone declaring her as his wife, i became interested in the woman. I followed her home one night when she used to be a brothel worker and began a sort of... Friendship with her? I guess you could call it that.

She told of me her struggles and the horrific scenes she had seen in Fleabottom. So i gave her some coin to help her buy her own inn. She is now known as the "White Worm" and has spies everywhere. I knew giving this woman a head start would make her a useful ally.

I gave the woman a smug smile as she invited me inside. She lead me through the halls of her inn as her many spies kept their eyes on me the whole time. "Sit. I'll get you a drink" she said. I sat down at the table, removing my hood.

"I heard you are supposed to be in Casterly Rock with the Lannisters... And may i say, condolences on the passing of your husband" she said. I almost chocked on my wine as she spoke. A cocky smirk tugged at her lips as i chuckled. "You even have spies in Casterly Rock then?" i questioned.

She sat down at the opposite side of the table, not giving me an answer. "How have you been?" i asked. "I should be asking you that. You are the only who is far away from home" she said.

I took a sip of my wine avoiding her question. "Why are you here, princess?" she asked. I paused as i tapped my fingernails against the hollow table. "I need somewhere to stay for the night without my father nor his hand knowing. Have i come to the right place?"

"You have. You are the one who helped me buy my freedom. I can give you a roof over your head if needed" she said. I gave her a thankful nod. "And perhaps... I could give you something more.... Maybe information you may need."

I waited for her answer but i knew this "information" would come at a price. I handed her a sack of coin as one of her little birds took it for her. "The hand of the king that you speak of, is a hand no more. He has been sent back to Oldtown along with his power. But you knew this already" she said.

I smiled to myself hearing the news. Finally, my father had listened to what i has said. "There is more," she said. I sat up straight, listening up to the woman. "After you left for Casterly Rock, the prince Daemon took a trip to Fleabottom."

"Let me guess, he visited one of your brothels and you wish to illicit some anger from me" i mumbled. "No" she said. "He came here, just as you did wishing for a roof over his head for the night. He sank into his cups and slept, then left. He seemed... Distraught at your departure."

I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat. "Is he still in Kingslanding?" i asked. "He tried to go to Casterly Rock, i told him that was a bad idea. He then flew to Driftmark" she said. "Driftmark? Why Driftmark?" i questioned.