Chpt 14: A Monster

Three Weeks Later:

The Lannisters have been mourning Lennon for weeks now and honestly, it's getting harder and harder to pretend like i care. I have been wearing black to commemorate him whilst all the Lannisters have been checking every minute to see if i am with child.

I have been praying to whatever gods will listen that i am not. Even the thought of carrying a child makes me feel ill. I know if i am to take the throne, i will need heirs, but hopefully not any time soon.

I was sitting with the Lannister family as we were all were served breakfast. I could already feel Jason's eyes on me. He's not convinced with the story i came up with. With the way he looks at me, i can tell he believes i killed his son... Which i did i guess but... It was not my fault he fell the wrong way.

"How are you feeling today, princess?" Tyland asked. "I am well, lord" i said. "No sickness?" he questioned. I chewed my food slowly so i would not have to answer the question. I already knew what they were talking about.

"No... No sickness, lord" i mumbled. We all continued eating in silence until one of the maesters walked into the room. "A raven, lord" he said. Jason went to grab the letter until the master handed it to me.

I looked to the man as he stared me down. I quickly opened the letter, hoping it was from Daemon. I thought he would have burned down Casterly Rock by now and brought me to Dragonstone.

"Dear Rhaena,
Father has gotten worse since you left. Without you here i'm afraid he has turned to me with his anguish. I am to marry ser Laenor Velaryon on the morrow. I understand if you are unable to attend with your husband, but i would like for you to be there with me. Father does not know i am writing to you but i'm sure if you returned to court he wound welcome you back. And if he didn't, then i'm sure you would welcome yourself back. If you are to attend, please write to me. If not, you do not need to write me back. Nyke jorrāelagon ao mandia. (i miss you sister) I hope to see you soon,
Rhaenyra"

I gripped the letter tightly, steadying by breath as i read it. "Have you written to my family about Lennon?" i asked. The Lannisters stayed quiet. "We're hoping to not speak of this to anyone until we know if we have an heir or not."

I sighed. "Alright... But my sister is getting tomorrow" i said hanging my head. They all stayed quiet once again. "We received a raven about the wedding two days ago. We are not going to attend. It's too soon for us to be back out in society again" Tyland said.

I paused at his words, squinting my eyes at him. "But it's my sister?... The heir to the iron thrones wedding?" i said. "We understand you want to be with you sister, princess but-" "But my son is dead" Jason snapped interrupting his brother. "My son is dead and you should be mourning him. He was your husband after all."

"For less than five minutes" i mumbled under my breath. "What was that?" he questioned sharply. "I want to see my sister. I can mourn and still celebrate her. She will need me" i said.

"I'm afraid that's our final decision, princess" Tyland said sternly. "Jason and your knight will be going to Kingslanding but you must stay here."

My head shot up at his words. "Ser Criston is leaving?" i questioned. "He asked to leave days ago. He must be tired of your presence, princess" Jason muttered as Tyland gave his twin an annoyed glare.

I clasped my fists trying to keep my calm. "May i be excused... I've lost me appetite" i mumbled. Tyland nodded for me to leave as i stormed out of the room. As i began making my way to where Cannibal rests, i heard someone's footsteps trail behind me.

I quickly turned to see a knight in Lannister armour. "Why are you following me?" i questioned. "It's... It's my job to follow you, princess. I am your new sworn guard, Doran" he said meekly.