Chapter I ~ Do I Know You?

Beatrix sat in the center of the well kept office space belonging to Principle Weems. She was a woman of tall stature and aging beauty, her red lipstick was certainly a contrast to her atomic blonde hair and piercing eyes. Weems had a presence that often shook one to the core, Beatrix was experiencing the feeling firsthand.

"I've been made aware of your circumstances, but I assure you, you are safe at Nevermore." Weems began, her smile was genuine and heartwarming, though there seemed to be some fault in it. Beatrix wasn't paying all that much attention to the woman's expressions, her eyes were fixated on one of the glass compartments atop the woman's desk.

"And therapy?" Beatrix asked, she'd been wanting to go for her own good, she was sure her mother would call her weak for it. She felt the need to confide in someone, since she had gone on without having any sort of outlet to express her emotions. Though Bea was terrible at committing, she was sure that she would only attend a few sessions before moving on to the next thing in her life. 

"There's one in Jericho, you can walk or shuttle on weekends." Weems said calmly, Beatrix nodded and sighed, she was uncertain on how to feel about the school. She'd been to a normie high school previously, but she found it as living torture. Maybe things would be different at Nevermore, it was a school filled with people like her after all..

Weems gave Beatrix the directions to her dorm, there was also a student escort who was waiting outside the office for her. The escort was to give a tour before showing Beatrix her dorm.

"Thank you so much." Beatrix said with a smile, she stood up and headed outside, behind the large double doors was a very energetic looking blonde haired girl with practically every color of the rainbow on all parts of her, besides her purple uniform.

"Hello Bea, is it ok if I call you that, it's in your instagram bio." The girl said energetically.

"Yeah, I prefer it actually, Beatrix is so proper." Bea chuckled, she enjoyed this girls sporadic personality, though she was a little shocked that the girl had found her on instagram already. Bea was more on the refined side whenever with people she wasn't familiar with, but somehow she felt comfortable around this girl.

"Geez, where are my manners. I'm Enid Sinclair." The girl beamed, she was overflowing with emotion, and her smile had widened somehow. Bea shook that hand that was stretched out to her, the sudden contact was unfamiliar to her, did people even shake hands anymore?

"Nice to meet you." Bea smirked, she tucked the hair out of her face and began to follow the girl. Enid walked at a quick pace, it was difficult for Bea to take in the sights of the school while also trying not to lose Enid in the upcoming crowd.

"C'mon I'll show you the quad first." Enid exclaimed, she grabbed a hold of Bea's hand and led her to the open aired pentagonal courtyard.

"It's a pentagon." Bea said in confusion as she examined the strange space.

"Weird, anyway, let me fill you in on Nevermore's social scene, yknow so you can get a feel for everything." Enid cheered, Bea just went along with the girls words, she was a loner at her school, she'd had normal experiences at first, but she'd screwed up big time and was forced to leave. She was hoping that Nevermore would be different, or at least, accepting.

"Alright." Bea said, she watched as the girl began pointing to different groups of people.

"There's the Fangs, for vampires of course, the Furs, werewolves like me, and over there is the Scales."

"Sirens?" Bea asked in confusion.

"Bingo, and that girl over there is Bianca Barclay, she kind of acts like she owns the place, I mean she kind of owns the place. She used to date emo lover boy over there but they had a falling out right before summer." Enid said, her tone had switched from overjoyous to melancholic in a matter of a few seconds.