Chapter XX ~ Truth Be Told

Bea and Enid sat on the floor of Yoko's dorm, it was a lot more colorful and yet dull at the same time. Yoko was a vampire so she had black out curtains to allow for a minimum amount of sunlight to come through to her room. It made the place feel otherworldly, with the lack of sunlight.

"So, you thinking of coming back?" Bea asked, Enid shook her head and sighed. So she was serious about this then, and serious about getting an apology from Wednesday.

"How come you're not mad at her too?" Enid asked in amazement, Bea wasn't really mad about the Gates mansion, she was more so fearful of herself, that had drawn away from the fact that Wednesday was partially at fault for her transforming at all. Though Bea couldn't blame her, she could feel it coming, it was bound to happen sooner or later. 

"Because something else happened at the Gates mansion." Bea muttered, she felt bad for not telling Enid, but she wasn't ready to tell the girl yet, and Xavier and Wednesday already knew, that was almost one too many.

"What like being attacked by the monster?" Enid sighed, this conversation was going nowhere, and it would continue like this because Enid was not properly informed and therefore could not understand why Bea was not focused and Wednesday and her actions but instead something more personal. 

"Let's change the subject, Bea how's your normie boyfriend doing?" Yoko asked, she was intrigued by the little argument but despised Enid's arguing voice.

"I-, I haven't talked with him in a while, not since that night." Bea mumbled, it was sort of a stalemate with them, Bea wanted to text first but was hoping that Tyler would, the feeling was mutual as Tyler was awaiting a text too.

"You two are dating still, right?" Yoko asked, her calm voice had almost distracted Bea from what she was actually trying to ask.

"Yeah it's just been crazy with the mayor and now this, we haven't been able to do anything." Bea sighed, though she missed hanging out with Tyler, or just visiting him at the Weathervane. Neither of them were big on face time, and calling felt like a chore sometimes, the two thrived on seeing one another, and this lockdown was ruining any chances of that.

"Well, hopefully things will die down and you can see each other again, you guys were cute together." Enid said, Bea blushed and smiled to herself, she was glad that she had friends who approved of her and Tyler because frankly she needed the validation. 

Plus, Tyler was unlike anyone she'd ever met, sometimes she felt lucky for even having him, though she wasn't even close to being below his league. He was so kind, but that kindness seemed to come from suffering, a kindness that wants to shelter and protect others from what he's gone through. Bea knew Tyler had gone through some sort of trauma and that explained his change of heart. He used to be an outcast hating dimwit, much more like his father (which is surprising given his wife), but he was different now, that's the only part Bea didn't get. 

But she didn't dwell on the matter, she was thankful that he was accepting of her, and hopefully he would continue that kindness because she was hoping to sneak out one last time and explain herself to him.

"For a normie, and from what I hear, he's not too bad." Yoko said, her words of approval brought more smiles to Bea's face, and it made her feel hopeful for the future, though that hope would die out quickly, since all good things must come to an end.

"Facemasks?" Bea stated, hoping to change the subject and the activity. She was just awful at painting her nails and wanted to do something a little easier.

"Of course!"

...

Bea stood outside the door of the Weathervane like a ghost, she couldn't stand in awe forever, because eventually a concerned Tyler would come and open the door to ask what was the matter.