Chapter XXVIII ~ The End Is Near

A/N: I have been waiting to write this chapter since the moment I started this book, be ready guys its gonna be a lot, also this is the second to last chapter :(

"Tyler?" Bea asked, she noticed a change in the boys face. His eyes had a darkness that was cast over them, and his face seemed unfamiliar again, shadows filled the crevices on his skin, making him appear more ominous and horrific. It was like that night at the Weathervane and like the time near the Gates' mansion. This was no longer Tyler Galpin, this was the monster. 

Bea could only stand and watch in fear as Tyler began to transform before her eyes. She'd only ever seen herself transform, and even then it was in the first person. She had no idea how terrifying it looked, she wondered if she was just as horrific to look at. 

The ground beneath their feet began to shake as the monster slowly stepped towards Bea. She was utterly petrified, paralyzed, and had now begun to break out into a cold sweat. For once in her life she wished that she could transform and protect herself, but luck didn't appear to be on her side. 

Bea knew that if she moved she would only be chased, but it was in her instinct to just run away, maybe she would make it, maybe nothing wrong would happen. The girl didn't dare look away from the Hyde, but then the words of a woman could be heard coming from behind him and the monster began to move. Bea used this small window to allow herself to run away, and that's when the cat and mouse game began. 

The girl ran at what felt like the speed of light, she could hardly see her surroundings, and she knew that one slip up could cost her her life. 

"C'mon c'mon." Bea muttered to herself, she knew the words wouldn't do anything for her, but she thought to at least try. The monster was still hot on her trail, and it was only a matter of time before the thing would manage to catch up to her. 

Of course there had to be a lingering tree branch that managed to trip up the girl, causing her to go stumbling to the floor. Bea gripped her knee tightly and rocked back and forth, she couldn't go much further in this condition, it was no use to keep trying to run away. This fate was inevitable. 

Bea sat and watched as the monster slowly grew nearer and nearer until the thing was practically right on top of her. The creature growled in Bea's face, causing the hair on her body to stand, she had been scared of the creature before, but this was next level fear, it felt as if she were dying. 

Then of course a miracle happened, Bea was spared from death thanks to her ability. The Hyde backed away from the girl, though it is not clear whether it was out of fear or curiosity. Nevertheless, Bea began to transform into her Hyde form, and for once in her life she was thankful that she could do so, because it meant she could protect other people from the monster. 

A/N: Bea is referred to as the Hyde and Tyler is referred to as the monster

The two creatures stared at each other, entering a stand off so to speak. The monster moved first, attempting to scratch the other Hyde. Bea's Hyde moved backwards, almost appearing to be petrified in fear. The full moon loomed over their deformed heads, making the strange encounter a little less freakish, strange things often occurred on full moons.

It is unusual, to see two Hyde's in one place, but more unusual is seeing a Hyde cry. Their bloodshot eyes seem void of all moisture, and therefore seem incapable of the action, perhaps that's why they cry tears of blood.

The Hyde had streaks of red falling down its sunken face, an action never done before, at least for her sake. But the tears seemed to have caused her to lose control, because now she begun attacking in response to the monster in front of her.