Chapter XIV ~ The Dreaded Parents Day

Bea and Wednesday sat in the gloomy hospital room where Eugene lay. He was a survivor of an attack, and unfortunately in a coma. 

"I'm always one step behind." Wednesday sighed, Bea folded her arms and looked to the floor in shame, she didn't know what to say. "I told him not to go off on his own." She continued.

"Was there anyone missing at the Rave'N last night, or any hints on who it could have been?" Bea asked, Wednesday shook her head.

"I was focused on my target, but I lost him after a vision of Eugene." Wednesday said coldly.

"You mean Xavier?" Bea stated. "Do you really think he's a suspect?" Bea continued.

"He's high on my list, he's drawn the monster and knows exactly what it looks like." Wednesday said in her usual monotone voice, not to mention the scratches on his neck and his strange behavior recently. It just felt so unusual, him being a homicidal monster and all.

"Do you have one of these drawings?" Bea asked.

"Unfortunately no, I've been banned from Xavier's dwelling." 

Bea and Wednesday discussed further theories of the case, and Wednesday mentioned the dead end she ran into with the claw and DNA tests, Bea was surprised she'd even found any hard proof. The two went their separate ways after that, it was parents day at Nevermore, something that almost all the students despised.

...

Bea sat with her Uncle at one of the tables in the quad, Enid was forced to face her overbearing mother and Wednesday had to deal with her gloomy family including her snooping mother, overloving father, and polar opposite brother. Bea was left with Uncle Leo, the brother of her father, and her caretaker. Sometimes mistaken as her brother despite his age, the man was about forty or so, he was the baby of the family.

"So what's this im hearing about a boyfriend." Uncle said, he had the slightest of smirks on his face, Bea wasn't quite sure how the man had received this information, perhaps because of her most recent instagram post. Bea remained silent to avoid confrontation.

"Don't do that to me." Uncle whined, he folded his arms and frowned. Bea's relationship with her uncle was more like a friendship than familial, they were practically strangers when Bea stayed with him, but they quickly became close shortly after.

"You're not wrong, I have a boyfriend." Bea mumbled, she felt sort of embarrassed on the matter, though she'd actually planned on introducing the two. 

"Is he treating you right." Leo teased, Bea visibly gagged to mock the man.

"Yeah, he's like the nicest person i've ever met." Bea said, it was true, Tyler had even bought Bea flowers because when he saw them they reminded him of the girl, plus he claimed that he'd forgotten to bring some before the Rave'N.

"I wish I had a boyfriend like that." Leo scoffed.

"What happened to James?" Bea asked, Bea's uncle had had many relationships during the span of time in which she stayed with the man, the most recent being a nice high school history teacher, Mr. James Millard.

"It's a long story."

(Canon Uncle Leo is bi, more preference towards men like 60-40 ratio)

...

Bea had nearly finished her tour of Jericho, she'd been hoping to make the Weathervane the last stop on the trip, and her uncle was just dying to head inside.

Bea entered with the man at her side, she felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her as Tyler looked up at the pair. He mouthed the words 'who is that' to be, which she replied to with a lopsided smile.