Chapter XIII ~ Paint It Red

Disaster had struck Bea and quite hard, it was the night of the Rave'N, well almost, and the severity of the situation had begun to dawn on her.

Wednesday even managed to snag a date, it was Xavier, though she'd mentioned her ulterior motives to Bea and her findings in the shed in the woods. It still made Bea feel poorly, it meant she'd be rotting away with Eugene or something trying to chase a monster and most likely dying in the process. It would be an imaginative way to go out, but hardy noble.

Enid rushed to Bea's side and hugged her tightly, the warm embrace brought a wave of emotions to Bea and now she'd begun to cry. She had held herself for so long but now everything had begun to fall apart.

"You go get ready with the girls, I'll call Tyler." Bea said, she wouldn't dare go to the event in regular clothes, maybe it was her ego, or because she wanted her first Nevermore dance to be absolutely perfect, her concerns were understandable for a teenage girl.

Bea's hand began to shake as she tried to dial the boy, she finally managed to press the button and call him. She held her breath as the device began to hum, and of course Tyler picked up immediately, and the girl could breathe again.

"Hey what's up." Tyler said, he sounded slightly distracted, meaning he must be getting ready.

"Tyler we can't go to the Rave'N." Bea mumbled, she tried to mask her tears, but was failing in doing so.

"What, why, are you okay?" Tyler asked, his voice only brought more tears to her eyes, his kindness and soft voice was just too much, she was failing to pull herself together.

"I couldn't find a dress and now I have nothing to wear and I'm having a mental break down right now." Bea said abruptly, she was gasping for breath from just speaking, and the crying wasn't helping, she had to tone it down before she reached that critical state where she began to hyperventilate.

"Don't worry about a dress, I figured you might not have found one in time." Tyler said, he'd never seen the girl exit the boutique with a dress, and she hadn't ever described it to him once. So he knew exactly where to look.

Tyler headed to the basement, his father was perched on the couch with a beer in hand and eyes glued to the television.

"Where are you going?" Galpin called out, his eyes diverted to his son, who was paused in the entryway to the basement.

"The basement." 

"Don't you have a dance to be getting to." Galpin added, he turned his head in confusion at Tyler's white suit, only now was he noticing the strange colors.

"Bea doesn't have a dress." Tyler said, he continued down the steps to the basement, it was a sort of storage place filled with all sorts of things, including Tyler's mothers dress from when she attended the Rave'N. Sure the dress was a little outdated and didn't match the theme, but it was still lovely.

Tyler returned with the dress in hand, it was covered in a silver Macy's clothes covering, only the hanger was visible at the top.

"Now-, oh what the hell, at least that thing won't be locked away anymore." Galpin said, Tyler was deeply surprised by his fathers change in heart, he was assuming that he'd have to sneak it out of the house, but the sheriff was in a charitable mood and was trying to let his son have a good time.

"Thanks Dad." Tyler said, he put his coat on and headed out the front door with the dress in hand. Galpin had the smallest smirk on his face, he was just glad to see the boy happy for once, even if it was by the likes of an outcast.

Tyler reached the Nevermore gates in under fifteen minutes, and as he approached the rackety looking hunk of metal the music began to play inside the Rave'N. The boy was quick with his actions and rushed through to the school. He'd been given vague instructions by Bea on how to get to Ophelia Hall, but he wound up getting lost somehow.