Chapter XXV ~ Ode to Bea

There was hardly any emotion on Bea's face when Tyler Galpin entered the room. She'd been expecting him, it was only a matter of time before he'd opted to pay the girl a visit.

The girl didn't dare look at him, but she knew it was Tyler by his shoes and the bottoms of his jeans. His beat up converse had a little more dirt on them than usual, what kind of dirty work had he completed before coming here?

"What do you want." Bea muttered, she wanted to get this strange exchange over with, she knew the boy would most likely come here to relay some sort of message, perhaps a warning for the future.

"I wanted you to know that I had nothing to do with this." Tyler said, he just wanted to look the girl in the eyes one last time. The Tyler that stood before her was the one she was familiar with, the only difference was that this Tyler had no intentions of masking the fact that he is a Hyde. In many ways the boy that stood before her was the real deal, this time he had no secrets, he was now an open book. A book that Bea was reluctant to read.

[A/N]: Ik I said that tyler helped thornhill in planting evidence in the previous chapter but scratch that she did everything he's innocent for once 😭

"I'm sure Ms. Thornhill would say otherwise." Bea murmured, why did the even bother in explaining himself. Perhaps his conscious told him to do this, just to ease his soul a little bit.

"I didn't know she was planning this. I would've tried to stop it." Tyler defended, he sounded so wounded when he spoke, and conflicted. Like he wasn't sure what to believe, he didn't know right from wrong. 

"No you wouldn't have." Bea scoffed, she was tired of this, the torment. She didn't want to be here right now with this boy, someone whom she held so close to her heart. Someone who she believed could have healed her from her trauma, all he'd ever done was cause more of it.

"Look, you know what it's like for me Bea. I don't know what I'm doing anymore, it's like i'm not even a person." Tyler said, his eyes were watery and for the first time Bea was going to see the boy cry. She looked up at him, stared into his eyes, she felt melancholic at just the sight of him. 

"I know, I know." Bea mumbled, she didn't know what to say, because what if she were to mess things up and confuse the boy even more? She just chose to remain quiet. It was only a matter of time before the real Tyler would disappear and the monster would return again.

"It should be me in there." Tyler sighed, by now the Sheriff had caught on to his sons whereabouts and barged in on the pairs conversation.

"Tyler, get out of here." Galpin scoffed, he grabbed a hold of the boys arm and dragged him out of the room. He slammed the door in Bea's face, leaving her all alone in the empty room.

Bea wasn't sure of what to make of the situation, Tyler had been strangely kind to her, and although the boy was a murderous monster, he was awfully truthful. He'd only ever lied about his identity, but even then, he eventually came to his senses and told the truth. Bea couldn't help but feel like he'd really meant what he'd said.

Maybe he wasn't a bad apple after all, maybe he could be saved? It was horrible what was happening to him, he'd lived a life similar to Bea's, believing that he was normal, but then he was forced into being a Hyde, and forced to do the bidding of a mad woman.

Maybe Tyler wasn't really at fault for anything, he hadn't meant what he'd said at the Weathervane, that was just the Hyde speaking, Bea had never gotten to that point because her mother ordered her to never transform, in many ways it sheltered her from that aspect. 

So, was Tyler truly good inside, or was he a lost cause? Only time would tell.

...

Bea was visited by Xavier the following morning, he'd brought the girl flowers, which rested at the entrance to her cell.