Chapter II ~ Butterflies in My Stomach

A week had passed since Bea's little venture into town and the run in with Tyler at the coffee shop, she'd reached the stalking instagram phase, meaning she wasn't head over heels yet.

She felt the need to consult with Enid on the matter at hand.

"Enid I did it?!" Bea exclaimed nervously, she'd decided to follow Tyler for the hell of it, she felt so stupid for making such a big deal of the situation, but to her it felt like a confession. 

"Did what?" The girl asked confusedly, she rushed to Bea's annexed room to see what all the fuss was about. Bea held up her phone and looked down in shame.

"The barista? God that's a lot of deer hunting posts?" Enid said confusedly, sure he had a few red flags, but who cares he seemed genuine enough out of this town of plain and miserable people.

"I know it's bad." Bea mumbled, she took the phone back and turned it over to avoid looking at the scene, there was a ringing sound, Enid lifted the phone and smirked.

"That was fast." She chuckled. "Why don't we head to Jericho again today?" Enid continued, she was already enjoying the excitement revolving around Bea, that was usually the deal when you're the new girl.

The door to the girls room swung open and in came Mrs. Thornhill, she was carrying a pot of flowers and a large smile on her face.

"Hello girls, Beatrix I'm so sorry I forgot your flowers, I hope you like them." Thornhill said with a smile, she handed Bea a large red large pot, which she placed down in front of her room. There was a group of morning glory inside, which were a shade of off white. Bea absolutely adored the things, though she was sure that they would be dead within a few days. Bea couldn't keep flowers alive for the life of her, it was like a curse, or maybe because she was too forgetful and never watered them.

"They smell lovely, thank you so much." Bea beamed, Thornhill smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Of course, I thought that they would suit you well. Please don't forget to come to me if you guys need anything." The woman added, she waved goodbye before heading out of the dorm room.

"Okay, off to Jericho." Enid cheered, Bea was a little hesitant, and then the ringing came from her phone. She nervously unlocked the phone and saw the infamous red circle in the top right corner on her instagram home page.

Another message notification popped up, from Tyler.

"Jericho can wait, he's dming me?" Bea mumbled, it was all happening so fast, but in all actuality this was a normal thing that normal people do all of the time.

"Well open it damn it." Enid said, she charged towards Bea again and sat down beside her on her bed. Her eyes peered over at the screen, watching every so carefully what was going on.

Tyler: Hey I never caught your name

Bea: It's Bea😭

Tyler: Thx

"I'm so embarrassing." Bea mumbled, she had an uncontrollable habit of using the crying emoji as if it were life or death, and it got her into many awkward situations before. It's not that she liked the boy or anything like that, she just didn't want him to find her weird, she already had the outcast thing going, luck was not on her side.

"Let's just stay here, like maybe in the library?" Bea asked, Enid laughed at the girl.

"That's where people go to hook up." Enid chuckled, Bea shrugged her shoulders and sighed, she couldn't think of anything reasonable to do, and a trip to Jericho was not on her radar at the moment.