Chapter XXII ~ Wednesday's Child Is Full of Woe

Beatrix said her goodbyes to Tyler and prepared to enter the dorm, there was the sound of weeping coming from inside and eventually the front door swung open.

"Watch it." Bea said, she was able to stop the door right before it slammed her in the face.

"There's no time to explain." Wednesday said, her and Enid brushed past Bea and speeded off into the night. A badly injured thing was rested in Wednesday's hands, and it seemed that he was almost beyond help. It also meant that someone had been in Wednesdays room and ambushed him.

"Was that thing?" Tyler asked, Bea pulled the boy into her room quickly and slammed the door shut. Tyler was a little taken aback by the action because he believed it was an act of romance. Tyler quickly noticed the distressed look on the girls face and the way she scanned the doorway for any specific people.

"You should go." Bea muttered, her hands were still holding on to the boy. The girl looked up at him and kissed him before instructing on how to leave the place.

"Can I at least see your room first?" Tyler said, he looked over at the small annexation that was connected to Enid's side of the room. The boy stumbled over a few garments and stuffed animals, eventually making it to the entryway.

"It's exactly what I was expecting." Tyler teased, Bea rolled her eyes and began pushing the boy away from the doorway, causing both of them to fall to the ground. The two quickly burst out into laughter, though Bea shushed the boy after a while because it sounded like Thornhill had walked past the door. "Ok seriously, you need to go. C'mon." Bea said, she helped the boy up and led him over to the window, the two stood out on the little balcony area where Wednesday often played her cello.

"There's a metal ladder over there, and then it's a straight shot to the woods." Bea said, Tyler said his goodbyes and kissed the girl one last time before leaving, and then he disappeared below the flooring of the balcony.

Bea didn't wish to search for Wednesday, it would cause her more trouble than good. That meant she'd miss out on meeting uncle fester, who was hiding away in Eugene's hq for the time being. He wasn't of much help to Wednesday as she already knew what Hyde's were, though he assisted her in retrieving a special journal.

Thing would hopefully be alright, but that was the least of everyone worries. Woe would come to Nevermore, ruining some more than others.

...

~Wednesdays Tale~

Although Wednesday did not know much of Tyler Galpin, she found his morals to be amusing, and the fact that he openly knew that his girlfriend was of the same class of monster as the murderer was most intriguing to the girl. Wednesday was no longer under the impression that Xavier was the suspect, meaning she'd lost all other leads.

Tyler wasn't high on her list, in fact she hardly suspected him to be anything special. Though she enjoyed his strange philosophies and interesting approach on life, it was very different from her own. He showed to have character and compassion for others, he was dating an outcast, and he'd often come to her aid when people tried to the pick on the girl, though she didn't need it.

Still, it came as a shock to her when it happened. Wednesday was one of the last customers at the Weathervane, she was still deeply invested in the case, so much so that it had engulfed her and all of her focus. She'd begun listening to those police scanners that Bea had recorded for the girl, she enjoyed tapes rather than a device, it was not as corruptible and simply served the purpose of playing something, where as devices often led people astray.

"Hey, what're you listening to?" Tyler asked, he'd noticed that the girl hadn't touched her quad over ice, he was actually surprised that someone could stomach the drink given that espresso was insanely bitter and kept you up for hours.

"Police scanners." Wednesday said coldly. "Shouldn't you be tending to your customers." Wednesday added.

"There's no one in line." Tyler retorted, he was invested in what Wednesday was doing, but he was also hoping to gain some intel on Bea. He believed her to be acting more distressed than usual, especially with the movie projector and after having told him about herself, he couldn't help but feel concerned. But he was also curious on whether or not she was suspicious of the boy, which could be a possible reason why she was acting weird.

Tyler had the right to be suspicious, though Bea had no clue who the monster was, and she didn't believe it to be him, she would deny all logic to convince herself it wasn't him.

"Has Bea been acting weird with you or is it only with me?" Tyler asked, he was still standing at the end of the table, though he decided to sit down across from Wednesday. 

"She seems more in distress, but I doubt it's because of you. She has an irrational fear that she is going to be framed." Wednesday said coldly, Tyler hadn't been made aware of that recently, the girl had only mentioned it to him once that night at the Weathervane.

"Thanks." Tyler said, he was glad to be free of suspicion, but worried about Bea. Although he would do almost anything to avoid getting caught, having Bea suffer for his crimes was something he could never live with. "I'll just take this." Tyler said, he had one hand on the quad over ice, which Wednesday swatted away.

The contact was enough to trigger it, because immediately Wednesday's head shot back and she entered that vulnerable state that occurred during a vision.

The girls eyes widened and she looked at Tyler with fear, it had been quite a long time since she had felt true fear, it caused you to halt in place, only being able to move your eyes, looking at the source and wondering why you can't just die to avoid whatever that thing is. Wednesday stood up and rushed out of the coffee shop, she looked back only once, and noticed the look of shock on the boys face. Even he was not aware of what he truly was.

...

The next morning Dr. Kinbott was murdered, it had happened in Wednesday's vision, and she knew who was responsible. The girl was cautious about who to tell, she really only trusted one person truly, and that was Bea. Enid could not fathom the information, and would most likely do something immature on impulse if ever told the information.

Bea deserved to know, because she was dating the boy of course, but also because the identity of the other Hyde would finally be revealed to the girl. So that's what Wednesday did, she snuck into Bea's room and woke her up. 

"Wednesday, what is it?" Bea asked in confusion, the girl sat on a stool beside Bea's bed. Wednesday's expression was unlike any that the girl had ever seen, it was a mix of shock, sadness, and a bit of excitement. She'd found her Hyde, all she needed was the master.

"Tyler is the Hyde, I saw it in a vision yesterday." Wednesday said coldly, Bea was barely awake when she'd said the words, but she'd fully comprehended what Wednesday had said.

"What do you mean? Tyler is a normie." Bea said, the denial was already kicking in, though it was a wild accusation, it wouldn't be that hard to convince herself he was just human.

"I saw it, he is the Hyde, he's the one who killed Kinbott." Wednesday uttered, she had no proof, only her words, but they were truthful, and deep down Bea was completely aware of that. 

"I can't do this right now Wednesday." Bea said, she stood up put her shoes on, she needed to be away from Wednesday and away from the thoughts brewing in her mind. 

Tyler isn't the monster

[A/N] This was a shit chapter but be warned it's gonna be crazy from now on 💪