Chapter XII ~ Honey Me

Eugene Otinger was just a little ray of sunshine, that was obvious enough to Beatrix. She had upheld her promise to the boy that she would join his club, though she was slightly forced into the matter. 

"Welcome to the hive, did you know that bee's are one of the few races dominated by females, bee's are the perfect workers..." Eugene said, he noticed that he'd lost the girls attention and held up a small jar of honey.

"Can I try it?" Bea asked, she was a bit of a honey fanatic partly because of her uncle, who only let her use the sticky substance to sweeten her coffee or tea, he believed sugar to be of the devil (not in the monster kind of way), and claimed that it was plaguing Americans on the daily (Her uncle was referring to processed sugar and not the regular stuff)

"Of course, this is from that lovely hive over there." Eugene beamed, he opened the jar and held a wooden stick up for Bea to take. The girl tasted the golden flowing substance and immediately melted away, it was one of the smoothest honeys she'd had, it was almost floral tasting and lacked that processed taste that the store bought stuff always had.

"Good right, and the perfect gift for that special someone." Eugene said, that was simply one of his motto's, but Bea believed it would be the perfect gift for Tyler.

"Let's get started shall we."

...

A few hours had passed and Bea had learned all that she could from Eugene. She was now proficient in the art of beekeeping and could harvest and smoke bee's like a professional.

"You catch on quick, that's amazing." Eugene said, he was pleased because he now had three girl who had visited the hive, it was an all time record that he knew would not be broken. "In thanks to you I give you this honey." Eugene said with a smile, he handed the girl a jar filled with the lovely golden liquid. 

"Thank you so much, I'll be back again soon." Bea noted, she hugged the boy and headed her way, leaving the boy in a near tearful state.

"Wow."

Bea was late for her art club meeting, which was usually just a hang out session between her and Xavier. The two had become relatively close, to the point of gaining Bianca Barclay's attention and to the point that both Xavier and Bea would call each other friends.

"Sorry i'm late." Bea said, she had to put her honey jar back in her dorm and make sure no one would get to it, by the time she looked at the clock it was already a quarter past when she was supposed to be there.

"You're all good." Xavier said, he was sketching a still life of an item placed beside him, it was a box of cookies with the lid open.

"If you use your powers on this thing can you eat the cookie?" Bea inquired, she was only kidding, but Xavier wished he could.

"It doesn't work like that, plus I only sketch, it would probably taste like charcoal." Xavier insisted, Bea was expecting something like that, if she had a power like that she would most likely let the intrusive thoughts win and attempt to eat the charcoal cookie.

"So, have you asked Tyler to the Rave'N." Xavier said cooly, Bea had been contemplating on how to do so all morning, time was running out and she desperately wanted to go with him. 

"No, I don't even have a dress." Bea frowned, she got out her things and began sketching something out, she was letting her mind take over the paper, watching as she began with a simple circle, which would in turn grow into something more.

"You better get your shit together." Xavier teased, Bea took note of the verbal warning from Xavier, she was drawing him for a change, instead of Tyler or fruit or something.