Temporary Respite

3RD PERSON P.O.V

A Hollowed Victory...

In the end, the battle concludes with Misha's death and the annihilation of the Assault Squad. But to Amiya, the tragedy is unbearable and should have been avoided in the first place.

Trying to comfort her, Ch'en tells her that if Reunion is willing to cooperate with her, there won't be any bloodshed.

Every decision made will eventually lead to its consequence-that's the lesson she learnt. She also reminds her that she has to accept this tragic reality if she has to fulfil her ambition.

While the joint forces are conducting a cleanup, W stands from afar and mockingly observes the mess.

She comments that fate always intertwines and is hyped that all factions will come to a grand conclusion in the future.

Meanwhile the doctor is currently with Kal'tsit for another check up.

EARLIER...

???: Dr. Kal'tsit, you've only been gone for a couple of days. Everything is fine, I promise. I'll take it from here. You've taught me so much, haven't you?

Dr. Kal'tsit quietly sighed. She heard how mirthful her pupil sounded through the wire. It made her wish that she could well and truly stop thinking about work for more than an hour.

Kal'tsit: I've taught you a lot,

Kal'tsit whispered into the phone, in confirmation.

Folinic: Then trust me.

Folinic sounded resolute.

Folinic: If you want to do good work, then take care of the Doctor, okay?

Soon as she hung up suddenly a knock was heard through the door.

???; Kal...?

Kal'tsit: Were you expecting someone else?

She asked as she heard someone whined after hearing a sarcastic response.

As soon the door opened, revealing to be (Y/N) (L/N), the Doctor of Rhodes Island and Sub-operator, still wearing combat uniform as he and her stare eye to eye.

Once upon a time, Kal'tsit may have claimed that she loathed the Doctor. What an egregious lie it was. It was difficult for her to hate someone that she never really knew in the first place.

Over time, then, she grew to know the Doctor as a well-meaning collaborator. An ally. A partner... in the platonic sense first and foremost...

Kal'tsit: I'll be in charge of your medical check-ups, on top of your Oripathy test today.

(Y/N): So you're replacing, Warfarin on doing check up?

Kal'tsit: Only with you.

(Y/N): O-Okay...?

He said sounded a bit uncomfortable, with her tone. As the Doctor undressed his upper body...

Kal'tsit watched in slight awe as he carefully folded his dress shirt and set it on the table.

She had to stifle a gasp as she gazed at his hard, chiseled muscles, combined with his C/H (hair color), sharp jaw, and fair skin, he was definitely an eye catcher.

Kal'tsit proceeds to give you a shot with the usual procedures. Before examining your body to detect with any signs of Originium.

A mysterious mineral. As technologies develop, more and more countries start to use it as an energy source.