Raid & Rescue

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Two days after the the fruitless rescue operation for Misha, Rhodes Island dispatches a reconnaissance team led by Meteorite, Jessica, and Frostleaf into a satellite city of Chernobog.

Upon their arrival, they realize that the city had turned into a makeshift base for Reunion after its destruction by the Catastrophe.

Nevertheless, they carry out their mission to search for any possible survivor as well as gaining information about their enemies.

Along their way, the team notices some unfriendly signs.

Frostleaf discovers thick frost covering the surrounding building and recognizes them as signs of an unfriendly band-the notorious Yeti Squadron that once wandered around the northern tundra.

Suddenly, they encounter Mephisto and W who attack them mercilessly.

The Reunion's siege as well as the sudden drop of temperature cause the recon team to be trapped inside the ruins.

Seeing that the recon team is in danger, R.I. and the L.G.D. once again conduct a rescue mission in Chernobog.

Kal'tsit : I understand.All right, keep in touch. Let me know if catch wind of anything. Just press the third button. Mhm... Hmm? Dr (L/Y)? Where's Amiya?

(Y/N): She went to the slums.

Kal'tsit : ...You actually let her go alone...Whatever, at least someone is protecting her. I suppose even that new power within you wouldn't be able to do everything. I'll let you off the hook this time. Did you also come back by yourself? Oh, Penguin Logistics. You also need to take better precautions to stay safe. We won't always have the luxury of reliable local guides.

(Y/N): I can defend myself, Kal. I'm not that helpless anymore...

Kal'tsit: Dr (Y/N)... Amiya will not be in Lungmen for a long time, since she has other missions to do. You'll have to face her again...If I were you, I'd make sure to tell her the things that I couldn't say before.

(Y/N): Right, I will...

Few Minutes Later

Amiya: Ah, Doctor? Were you waiting for me this whole time... Sorry to have kept you waiting. Hmm? My complexion looks different from when I left? ... Some things happened.
I feel like... Perhaps Madam Ch'en has her own way of looking at things.
Even though her words are harsh, and she has done things that I can't accept... Maybe... the difference between us isn't that big. She has her responsibilities. Oh... I understand now... She also has her share of burdens to bear. Perhaps I also...

(Y/N): Amiya, you also have plenty of responsibilities yourself.

Amiya: Is that so... I... just didn't have other choices.

(Y/N): At least you saw your choices through.

Amiya: ...I suppose all these consequences were the results of my persistence. Doctor, there's no need... to try to comfort me.Actually, I'm well aware of this. But what I don't know...
What I don't know, is how long we have to keep going before this world begins to change. But, what I do know for sure... Is that, I won't give up. I'll always bear the consequences of my actions, because... I chose this path.
Doctor...Will you... stay by my side?
Even though... this guilt will always stay with me... The regret of not being able to bring everyone with me. The regret of not being able to save my friends... But I must face reality.
With everyone in Rhodes Island...

The conversation between Amiya and you is interrupted when the former's cellphone rings, which she promptly picks up.

Amiya: Hmm? A message from Dr Kal'tsit... Dr Kal'tsit? Did you need something?