20

I walk to where my father was. He sat on the throne. I bow. Maya was dragged down in a bowing position. I see gorillas dragging Queen Teca and King Teca. 

"Mama! Papa!" Maya screamed. 

"We're fine Maya." The Queen said. 

"You won't be for long." Father said standing up. 

I hear a whale. I turn. A wolf brought out two twins. 

"Not the babies!!" The Queen yelled. 

"Let them go!" Maya yelled. 

"Father... why did you bring two babies here?" I ask. 

"You will see Shen. They must feel my wrath." He said. 

The wolf laid them on the table. My father ran his claws around the babies faces, gently.

"There cute." He said. 

"Don't you dare touch them!" Maya yelled. 

A wolf punched her in the face. 

"Hold your tongue." I say. 

This was getting dark. I bet he's going to do something terrible to them. I know he will.

"I do not wish to harm you two. I only wish that you will swear your allegiance to me." He said. 

"I will never turn our own people to you." King Teca said. 

"You realize we have conquered your people. The peacock flies around and its tail feathers wraps you all. You are ours make the right choice and follow us." He said. 

"Never." King Teca said. 

Father let out a breath. Oh no. 

"Then you leave me no choice." Father said. 

He walked over to the smiling faces. He took his sword. He can't be serious. Oh my god. He hoisted it in the air. A wolf put one baby on top of each other. He was going to spear them like a kebab. 

"No please!!" Queen Teca screamed. 

"You can't!!" King Teca cried. 

Maya was struggling too. I can feel their anger and sadnesss. I can feel the fire burn. 

"Father-" I start. 

This was crazy and pointless. I had to do something. I couldn't just stand here, but how could I? I've been waiting for his approval for over three years. Yet still. I decide to do something. I grab his blade with my whip. 

"Father stop!" I yell. 

He glares at me. 

"This is not what Queen Elesia would've wanted!" I yell. 

Queen Elesia was my mother. She died a few years ago. Cancer. Old salt on the wounds. He glared at me. I knew he was angry with me. He had forbidden me to even speak her name. Now I'm in for it. Father ignored my pleads. He ignored the screams of the Teca family. 

I watch as the blade falls. I watch the blade when it's pulled out. It's covered in blood.