22

The night was sleepless and restless for me. I laid awake in blood. I didn't bandage my wounds. They were my punishment. My father, I cannot believe he did that. I knew he was always cruel but never that cruel. This has gone way too far.

"Trouble sleeping?" The soothsayer asked. 

She came into the room. 

"I can tell you are restless. What troubles you?" She asked. 

I sat up. 

"3 years. 3 years since I was banished. 3 years since I have wanted my father's approval. I spent 3 years preparing to conquer these people and now that it has happened..." I say. 

"You wish you never did." 

I nod. 

"You cannot undo the past, but you can change the future." 

"How can I now? It's clear that the future of Teca is to be ruled by the peacock." 

"So? The people of Teca will follow you. So will your wolves." 

"The people of Teca? Heh. They hate me as much as they hate everything I've done to them." 

"You can still make it right. I will talk with the Tecas. It's not too late to end this." 

I stand up. I look out the window. The Teca empire was a ruin now. Wolves were everywhere. Men had lost hope. I could not do this anymore. I am a prince. I have to care for Gogmen city. I want to go home. I want to see the palace again. The soothsayer smiles and walks off. I have to end this. Right here, right now.