23

I couldn't move. Tears were still sliding down my face. I can't believe Shen's father killed by younger brothers. Zatz held me close, but I couldn't feel any warmth like how I usually did. The others were mourning as well. 

"Pichu think now would be a good time to get out." Pichu said. 

"How? There are wolves everywhere." Chimi said. 

I couldn't come up with a plan. I just...argh! Why did Shen come here?! Why did he send for his father?! I just want to scream.

"Maya. It's going to be okay." Mama said. 

They were in the opposite cell to us. They looked as sad as me. 

"I hate that stupid prince." Rico said. 

"You shouldn't. You should hate his father." An unfamiliar voice said.

An old women came to us. She wasn't really a woman. She was a goat. She had horns and a hair like beard.

"The prince is to blame for this." Queen Teca said. 

"No. He was just acting out. You know his father banished him for three years because of what you always should do." She said.

"Show mercy." Pichu said.

She smiled and nodded. 

"I know his father's malice; Shen would not have it anymore. You all must help him take back your empire." She said. 

"That guy? He's the one who started this whole thing." Rico said. 

"Would you do it if it means seeing your parents again?" She asked. 

Rico fell silent. 

"How? We can't even break out of these cages." I say. 

"A cage is like a door. A door can be opened if you have a key." She said holding the keys up. 

"How did you get them?" I ask. 

"You can thank Shen he's going against the man who he's wanted him to see him as a true prince." She smiled.

"We have to fight." I say taking the key.