4.

4. The return

Freya

I stared at my phone impatiently when we were standing at the airport, outside. It was sunny day, and people looked very Finnish around us. Judgmental stares, everyone walking in a hurry and most of their eyes were glued to ground. It kinda amused me, everything felt comforting familiar.. but at the same time it felt strange. Like I've been gone for years, or like I haven't even been here. I don't know how to describe it, but I'm glad to be here. I can't wait to meet Eevi, that's the reason why I was constantly checking my phone. She and Olli should be here in a minute.

Suddenly I got an message, and fastly I opened it, not even looking that who it was.
Unknown: You think you can block me?
I frowned hardly. Is this the same one who texted me two days ago? What the fuck. I blocked the number, and I decided to keep my mouth shut about it.

Gilbert was restless next to me, it's not normal for him. He's always so calm and open for every kind of meeting. I know this is making him nervous.
I turned my head to my left, to look at him. His brown eyes were wandering around as he was biting his lower lip.

"Hey..." I smiled to him as I placed my hand on his arm. Immediately he locked his eyes with mine. I stroked him as long as suddenly I heard steps coming towards us.

"Oh my dear!" Eevi's friendly voice echoed near us. I turned my head, and she was walking towards us happily, partly hiding her face as she chuckled. I let out a breath and let go of Gilbert, I took two steps closer to her and suddenly we were hugging tightly.
I closed my eyes as our hands were wrapped around each other, the feeling was so unreal, hugging your best friend after being six months away.
I heard her faintly sobbing, I don't mind, I did the same.

When we finally pulled apart, we both just studied each others faces, and Eevi placed her hands on my cheeks. She smiled and laughed.
"I can't believe you're really here." She quietly told me. I just nodded as I let my eyes wander to Olli, who was standing near his wife. He smiled to me, and Eevi let go of me. I hugged him too.
"Glad to have you here. Did the flight go well?" Olli asked politely. Gilbert stood near me, not really knowing what to do.
"It went fine. Gilbert..." I showed him to say hi to my friends. He was shy, and it was suprising. Maybe he's so anxious about his all, and about his father's death.. this is hard for him. Eevi and Olli knows about his father's cancer and all of it, I had to talk to someone about it, and Gilbert was okay with it. He didn't mind. He knows it's important to talk about these things to someone, especially to your best friend.

Immediately Gilbert reached out his hand for Eevi, and smiling she shook hands with him.
"Glad to see you two, it's been a while since the last time." Gilbert said. Then he shook hands with Olli, the bassist gave him a nod while smiling.

"Oscar is with my mother, she came here to visit us. But first.. we'd like to take you two somewhere..." Eevi smiled to us as she placed her hands together excited. We changed looks with Gilbert, and he raised his other eyebrow up slightly.
"Where? Are others there?" I questioned as we started walking towards their car.
"They are. And no more questions!" Eevi pointed her finger up amused.

The whole car ride took a while, and we talked about everything what has been going. Even though we talk about every little thing in the phone, it's not the same as we do it face to face. We laughed also a lot, and Gilbert was calm and relaxed with Olli and Eevi. I was very happy to see him like that. And Olli was so nice to him, and they came along very well. We were sitting in the backseats with Gilbert, and when we were arriving to a parking lot, he took my hand to his. I turned my head to look at him, and he was nervously biting his lower lip as he looked outside of the window. I squeezed his hand.