18.

18. Will You Send Me An Angel?

Freya

When I opened my eyes, I didn't feel pain. But I saw fog, a lot of fog. I was in the woods and there was a small river near me. I heard nothing, I felt barely anything. I was so confused when I slowly sat up and looked around me.
Where am I? This place doesn't seem familiar at all. But I was still very calm, like time didn't exist. The only thought in my head was that I was probably dreaming.
I decided to stand up. Everything was so.. beautiful and calm. Like usually it is in the woods. I looked at the sky, but couldn't see it because of the fog. There was huge trees around me. I looked to my right and saw the small river, so I decided to go there. There were some big rocks on the way, but I still managed to go there.

I kneeled down and looked at my reflection through the clear water, I had no bruises in my face. No blood. What is this? Deep inside me I felt a small panic, but still.. there was peace.
I was leaning my hand down to the water so I could touch it, but then I felt someone's presence.
I lifted my eyes up, and my gaze was slowly wandering around. I saw no one.
"It's beautiful here, isn't it?" A woman's voice said behind me. I flinched while I turned around quickly. I had to stand up when I saw her. I'm not alone..?
She was a little shorter than me, brown hair and grey eyes. She was pretty, and she seemed to be friendly. But I was still so confused. I have seen her somewhere.

"Who are you? And what is this place?" I asked nervously. She showed me a smile, but only for few seconds. Then she turned her head to her right and stared a rock. Then she went to sit on top of it, cross-legged. She had some tattoos, and she put some locks of hair behind her ear. Her gaze was glued to the river as she smiled again.
"This is a place where time isn't moving, peace and silence combines and you get to choose whether you continue or not." She told me.

"Continue what?" I frowned. I kept staring at her, and she turned her gaze back to me. Her smile was fading away, but she wasn't angry or disappointed.

"Your journey here, or in the world of the living." She replied calmly. I felt a sharp feeling in my stomach, so I put my hand on top of it. Does she mean that...
"Am I dead?"
Her face changed, she looked like she was apologizing me. She saw my reaction, so she reached out her hand for me. I went closer to her, and I gave her my shaking hand, she took it and her skin was cold. It made shivers all over to my body.
"No. But you don't have much time to decide."

I nodded understanding, but still in shock. She let go of my hand, and then I looked at it with fear. She was so cold that I still could feel it. She probably continued to watch me, and to lighten the mood she decided to introduce herself.
"I am Saga. And I came here to help you to choose wisely."
That name. Saga. Now I knew why she looked so familiar, I've seen her photo. And she's Joonas' loved one who.. died. In accident. I was too stunned to speak, it felt surreal to meet her. When I was just staring at her mouth a little open, she started smiling amused. It made me blink again, and I realized that I probably looked like an idiot.

"You.. uhm.. I've heard about you." Was all I could say. She nodded slightly, then straightened her legs. She looked down at them and swinged them a little. Now I paid attention that she didn't have shoes or socks. Doesn't it hurt when she walks around here and all the sticks and rocks are stinging her feet?
"Do you.. live here? It's quite silent, like we're alone." I moved my hands around as I glanced over my shoulder. Her gaze was on the river again.
"I'm not staying at one location too long. This happens to be a place where you make your decision. A place where you feel peace and silence and no one else except me is around here, so there wouldn't be anything that would mess your mind. But of course if I bother you, I can leave. But it probably makes the decision harder, you don't know what to do or say. And time runs out." She told me while swinging her feet and observing surroundings.