Interview with Armiella

Ladies and Gents.. The amazing Armiella

1) How long have you been on Wattpad for?

I joined in July 2010 so… about nine months.

2) Do you think you will ever change your username?

Nope. My username is my alter ego, penname, and my identity. No one ever steals it.

3) How long does it typically take for you to write a chapter for one of your stories?

I usually spend a couple hours on every chapter. I take my time and make sure I like the way it’s going, and if I don’t like it I scrap it and start over. Usually I don’t even pay attention to the time; I’m just in the zone, writing. I love that feeling.

4) How come you have so many stories that are unfinished?

I really haven’t posted many BOOKS on wattpad. The first one, Syndicate, is finished. My most recent one, Abby Dante, is about to be finished. I’ve written it all on my computer, I just had to edit some things in the last few chapters so I haven’t posted them yet. As for the rest of my stories, they’re continuing. Poems are constantly being written, and my vampire story is actually just a collection of rants, and I never know when I’ll add one of those. I do have another story that has a few parts and hasn’t been updated; I just haven’t had much motivation for it, but I left it up because it tells a lot about me for my more devoted fans.

5) When you get writer's block, do you turn to your fans for ideas?

No. I usually have plenty of ideas in my head, and if I don’t that’s probably a good thing; I need to focus on school. J My solution for writer’s block is music and a game of Jelly Blobs of Doom.

6) Have you ever based a story off a song?

Kind of. Syndicate is a song by The Fray, and that is where I got the idea for the title. I actually had the idea for the story before I heard it, then the song seemed to fit, and the meaning of the word was perfect for the story.

7) How often do you talk to your fans?

Individually, I respond to almost every comment and any messages they send me. I don’t usually go to them and talk to them after they fan me just because I need to be doing other things besides spending all my time on wattpad, but I would if I had something to say. I send out messages whenever I upload though, and sometimes I ask them questions through those and wait to see who answers.

8) Do you have a Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc?

I have a Facebook and a Twitter. My Twitter is Armi742, but don’t follow me. My only tweets are links to my stories and I really only made it to follow Voldemort. He’s funny. J

9) How often are you on Wattpad?

Every single day, way more hours than I should be. I have a problem.

10) Do you enjoy school?

I do. I get A’s, I’m near the top of my class, and I’m pretty involved with band, choir, NHS, Wordsmith, Knowledge Bowl, etc. I try my best to do well because I want to go to a selective college. I also love going to school to be with my friends, and I have some awesome teachers. I keep a book of funny quotes that my friends say.

For example, “Who wants to be a lightning bug? They’re born, they get fat, they blink and they die.”

I also doodle and sleep in boring classes. My notes and scratch paper are often VERY amusing.

11) What do you think are some benefits to being a writer?

It gives me an easy way to vent and express myself. Sometimes I just need to rant about things that my friends are tired of hearing, so I write about it and let random strangers enjoy or ignore my rambling. It also makes school much easier since I already like writing and want to get better at it. One more thing that I love about it is that it’s like a game; I have to find the most creative way to say something and sneak in messages about my deeper thoughts into the lightest of subjects. I entertain myself when I write; that was my original intent, anyway. I make up stories in my head when I’m bored, so why not share them with the world?

12) Have you ever gotten Hate P.M.'s?

No. Most people just comment on my stories and let the whole world see if they don’t like something I said. J Of course I always reply and either apologize or explain myself, but for some reason they never answer back.

13) Do you like the What's Hot list?

I love the list. It keeps me on my toes. It’s a great way for good stories to get noticed, and it changes constantly, so anyone can jump to the top if people are voting for their story. I use it as motivation to get the word about my story out; I’m hoping I’ll break the top 100 soon.

14) What genre's do you enjoy the most?

I like romance, but not on its own. I usually like a bit of adventure, paranormal, thriller, horror, romance, humor, and teen fiction all mixed together. Really anything that I can relate to my own life and feelings is good, though I do have a different outlook on the world than most, so a lot of wattpad stories don’t relate well with me.

15) How has Wattpad affected you from before you started?

It makes me feel like a celebrity. J It’s gotten me to write a bit more and to actually keep it up and write a full draft rather than bits and pieces.

16) Do you think Wattpad is a safe place for kids under the age of 13 to read and write books?

Safe? Yes. The ratings are clearly indicated on stories that are not for children, and I think any child could potentially read on here safely, though that decision should be up to their parents if they are concerned that their child will read something inappropriate. However, I think most of the stories on here are more directed towards teenagers, so they might not enjoy it as much, or they may have a harder time finding stories they like. I would also not advise them writing if they haven’t mastered English yet, but the same could be said of many wattpad authors well over the age of thirteen, so I’ll leave that subject alone. My ten-year-old brother has a wattpad though, (just for reading), and I think he handles it just fine.

17) Have you ever won the Watty Awards?

I have not! This is actually the first year I’ve entered, and I hope to win it. I could really use the prize money for college, and the popularity for my future writing career.

18) Do you think you will be super popular on Wattpad one day?

Yes. I intend to be. I advertise my story all the time, and I’ve gained a lot of popularity already, but hopefully this will continue to grow. I’m not being cocky either; I’m working for this.

19) What's your motto?

Write for you, not anyone else.

20) Will you be on Wattpad for years to come with more stories?

Oh, without a doubt. Even if I get famous and publish my books, I’ll stick around and use it to talk to fans and upload poetry and things. I’m a very loyal person, and this includes to websites, (my neopets account is an example), so I could never let it go after being this obsessed. So keep an eye out for me! I’m not going anywhere. ;)