Interview with kAyy89

The Talented kAyy89!!!

1) On a scale of 1 to 10, how safe do you think Wattpad is for children 13 and under?

I say it's about a 5. I know Wattpad tries their best to keep things safe for the little ones, but kids are curious and go off reading a story that might not be appropriate for their age. There is also some discussions or people’s board that may have some sexual reference, so it’s hard to say that anything is really safe now days.

2) What interests you more, reading, or writing?

Honestly, both...it depends on the moment. One second I feel like reading, the next my hands are aching to reach for a pen and just write.

3) How often do you typically update chapters of your stories?

I like to update often, though for this book I kind of had to stop.

4) Have you ever been on the What's Hot list?

I think I have been on that list twice or three times...

5) How often are you on Wattpad daily?

I get on as often as I can, the people here are just AWESOME!! I had been on quizilla before and it was hard to find interesting people there to talk to. No offense to anyone that enjoys that sight! But here....it's a whole different story. I love it!

6) Do you write rough drafts of your stories?

Yea! When I first start to write, I just type and don't look back on what I'm writing cause my thoughts tend to change from one thing to another pretty quick. So, to avoid that I just get everything on paper first then go back, edit and change things around if needed.

7) Have you ever thought of doing a story with another Wattpad member or a group?

Actually, yes. I came across this discussion a girl had posted up that talked about that. It caught my interest. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe sometime in the near future I will.

8) Do you think any of your stories will win The Watty Awards?

You know, I don't really know. I have thought of myself as a decent writer, I'm not bad nor am I that good. I have read some books here that are just amazing and I don't know if my work is at the level where I would be able to win awards. It would be nice though hahaha

9) Which of your fans do you talk to the most?

ekk...that's a tough one! We have this Wattpad family going on and talk to all those people. The ones I usually talk to and am pretty close are krazy_kd, KupoVsNoctics, and Chaseme. But there are several people I talk to that are awesome!!

10) When you have writers block, what do you do?

I have that now!!! Well, I usually listen to music and let my mind wander as a zone everything else out.

11) Are any of your stories based on real life events  that have happened to you, or someone else?

Yea, most of the stories I write have some insight to my life, be it past or present. I think it is easier writing from life experience because it is easier to be able to put all those emotions on paper, than going on what you believe would happen.

12) Are any of your real life friends, fans of yours on Wattpad?

No, they aren't big on reading or writing as I am. I'm usually their go to person when we have some kind of reading assignment hahahaha

13) When you get hate mail, what is your reaction?

I haven't gotten any so far! But I would be hurt at first, not going to lie. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions, keeping that in my mind calms me enough not to snap at them. I don't like adding fuel to the flame so I try to reason with them if possible.

14) What advice would you give to other Wattpad members not on the What's Hot

List?

Join the Sharing your story club!! That has helped to get my story somewhat out there. Another is to read other author's story and comment on the stories. If the author doesn't read your story, others will. Also ask others to read your story.

15) Do you LOVE writing? Or it it okay?

I love it, it's like my own personal haven. It's my way of getting away from the life I live in and create my own. Though, I have to come back to reality, it helps relax my mind and calm me.

16) Which of your stories would you recommend a new Wattpad member to read first?

I just have one so far, so they can read the one hahaha. I also have some poems, they could read those as well.

17) How long does it  take you to write a 3 paged chapter?

When I'm into the chapter, it doesn't take very long. Less than a day perhaps. But when I have writers block it could take days!!

18) Do you get your inspriation from something, someone, or somewhere?

All of the above! hahaha

19) Are your characters names made up, or based on someone?

Some are made up, others are based people I know.

20) Do you think you will be a real author someday?

I'm hoping! Ever since my interest in writing spiked, I have dreamed of

publishing a book. Hopefully that will happen some day in the future, but 'til then I must keep writing!