𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔: 𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘

CHAPTER TWO

(act i)

DANGER CALLS

'Wednesday's Child is Full of Woe'

The sound of Castamere's cawing softly woke me up from my wonderful dream of an endless sea of nature

The sound of Castamere's cawing softly woke me up from my wonderful dream of an endless sea of nature. I kept my eyes closed, listening. There weren't any signs of Enid, which made me sit up. "What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. Wednesday stood up from her seat and chucked a black fencer uniform on my bed.

"1000 hours. We're late for fencing," she told me, making me get up quickly. If there was one thing Solomon hated, that was being late, she lived on schedule. She was obsessed with time. Everything needed to be on a schedule. She hated wasting precious time. Call her a control freak but time stopped for no one, not even Solomon Addams.

I quickly changed into the black uniform and sneakers and tied my hair in a ponytail. "Fencing is so boring. I like using real swords or arrows," I complained to Wednesday. Father had us fencing since we were very young, but I never liked it. It was more like Wednesday's sport. I hated the fact we had to wear gear and the bendy 'swords.' I loved to spar with real swords and shoot living objects.

Wednesday and I walked briskly side by side into the fencing classroom. We walked to the coach, interrupting other matches without care. We stopped just in front of two fencers. One dropped to the ground as he tripped. The fencer took off their mask, revealing an upset boy who couldn't deal with defeat, it seemed.

"Coach, she tripped me," he called out, and the other, the winner, took their mask off, revealing Bianca Barclay, the siren from yesterday.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan," the coach told him, unfazed.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck," Bianca snarked at him.

 "Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get real competition?" she asked. Dear Devil, she was so full of herself, and it was unbecoming.

"Anyone else wants to challenge me?" Bianca asked the crowd looking around.

"I do," Wednesday spoke up, and I wasn't surprised. She always had a soft spot for boys in glasses. Wednesday took a step toward Bianca, and she looked us up and down and snarked, "Oh, you two must be the psychopaths they let in."

"You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee. The interesting thing about bees is. Pull out their stingers, and they drop dead." Wednesday said, and I couldn't help but smirk.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless. He's lazy. Are we doing this or not?" Bianca told Wednesday, and I could feel the restlessness on Wednesday, and she asked, "Are we doing this or not"