𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝕸𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝕾𝖔𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕻𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

CHAPTER SEVEN

(act i)

MYSTERY SOCIETIES AND PUNISHMENTS

'Friend or Woe'

A bag over the head? Optimal disorientation. Wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation – my kind of party. The feeling of death and life hanging over my head. I was feeling alive and ready to party.

We were sitting on chairs, tied up, and then the bags were finally taken off.

Multiple people in purple robes stood in front of us. "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" a 'mysterious' and raspy voice echoes.

My happy mood dampens since I know that voice. Really? We were kidnapped by a bunch of high school clowns. We need to up our game.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday told her, making me huff, "No, I prefer her with it on," I said, looking over to Wednesday. Making sure they didn't hurt her.

They really thought of kidnapping two highly skilled Addams in everything to do with self-defence and even getting away with murder. They are true idiots.

Everyone sighed and took their hoods and masks off, showcasing Bianca, Kent, Yoko, Enid's Grogan, Dorian, Xavier, and others. Seriously Dorian and Xavier are a part of this? I'm not even surprised.

Dorian's dark eyes latched onto mine, and Xavier's hazel eyes burned with an unspoken apology.

"How did you two get down here?" Xavier asked, making me glance at him. He was going to be punished after this. I enjoy being kidnapped and tied up, but not by amateurs – I have standards.

"Rowan showed me," Wednesday told him, nodding her head down to her pocket, "Left pocket", she instructed. Xavier then walked over and took the ripped drawing from Wednesday's pocket.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then we solved the riddle," Wednesday told the confused teenagers.

As Wednesday kept them distracted, I quietly undid my ropes.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice," Kent, Bianca's siren minion questioned, making me roll my eyes.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" I mocked him, making him glare at me. I held the rope to not make noise from dropping.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club", Bianca exclaimed, "Emphasis on elite."

"We have roof parties, campouts, the" Yoko was cut off by my loud fake snoring. Everyone turned to me as my eyes closed, my head tilted, and I snored. How boring was this 'elite' club?