𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝕾𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕸𝖞𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖞

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

(act i)

SEMESTER ENDS, NEW MYSTERY

'A Murder of Woes'

I woke up groggy with bleary-eyed looking around. Noticing we were in Joseph Crackstone's tomb and every candle was lit. I moved my hands and realized they were chained up, no wonder my arms were hurting. "Kind of a déjà vu thing we got going on, huh?" Tyler taunted us with a smirk, making me look at him.

I cracked the kink in my neck and looked at him with dead eyes, so unbelievably bored and angry. "Except I won't cry and whine like a child. neither of us will" I told him.

Tyler took a step forward with a glare and Laurel yelled, "Tyler, go wait by the boat."

Tyler looked back at us, "Yes. Listen to your master and be a good little Hyde." I told him and he scowled and pushed past me, nudging him.

"I have to admit... that shape-shifting stunt with Weems almost worked. But as my father always said, "If you want to outsmart an outcast, you got to out-think 'em." You know, we have roots that go all the way back to Joseph Crackstone." Laurel told us fiddling with the jars of body parts that we found in the basement of the Gate's Mansion.

"So you come from a line of psychotic killers too." Wednesday snided, glaring at Laurel like her stare could kill her.

Laurel reacted to Wednesday's comment and walked over to us and seethed, "Joseph Crackstone was a visionary, dedicated to protecting normies from outcasts until his life was cut short by your ancestor, Goody Addams." She spat out the name of our ancestor like poison and continued her monologue, "And then, to add insult to injury, they stole his land to build that abomination of a school."

She then walked away from us and tightened the weird lids of the jars and said, "But, throughout the centuries, my family has remained committed to Crackstone's mission. My brother died serving that cause. I decided to take a different approach. The supernatural."

"Tyler's been collecting these body parts to resurrect Crackstone." Wednesday commented aloud.

"The one man who nearly succeeded in eradicating the outcasts." Laurel stated proudly and Wednesday told her, "You can't wake the dead. Believe me, I've tried."

Laurel turned away and held a thick and familiar book and showed us, "I believe your ancestor Goody Addams would disagree." Laurel told us with a perked eyebrow.

"Goody's Book of Shadows." Wednesday stated with a glare, "You're the one that stole the original from Pilgrim World." She suggested.

"It wasn't enough for Goody to kill Crackstone. She had to curse his soul too." Laurel sighed walking towards us.