𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓: 𝕬 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗

CHAPTER TEN

(act i)

A BLOODY NIGHT TO REMEMBER

'Woe What a Night'

The Next Day ~ Jericho Town

With my dates secured with Xavier and Dorian for the stupid Raven'N dance, I was picking my perfect dress out. I didn't want to go, but as if I wouldn't look like the hottest person there.

Wednesday didn't have a date yet, but I knew she would ask Tyler or Enid – I saw her soulless eyes linger on our bubbly roommate longer than usual. Enid was still reeling that Gorgon hadn't shown up to their date. I could see them together, but I didn't know if Enid even liked girls or if she was just overly friendly with my twin sister.

Enid had taken it upon herself to drag me and Wednesday to the local shop to get ourselves dresses because our (Wednesday) style was a "fashion emergency, not even lighting could resuscitate" – her words. 

Enid screamed in joy and even tried to hug me when I notified her of my date choices. She didn't say anything about me going with my two boyfriends and accepted our relationship, which brought a small smile from me.

We had arrived at a quaint pink store; as Wednesday eloquently put it, it was a hellscape."Our first roomie shopping spree!" Enid squealed in delight, ignoring our deadpan expressions, and informed, "The dance committee's suggesting all-white match the theme, but that's not gonna fly with us." She said, knowing our aversion to white or any other color.

Wednesday was not in the mood and said, "I have more pressing business than to worry about a dress for a dance I don't want to attend."

Enid's eyes lost their shine, and she sadly said, "But... I thought we were bonding."

Wednesday shook her head and replied, "I'll only slow you down. You're a gazelle. I'm a wounded fawn. Cut me loose and go run with the pack."

Enid looked at me with sad puppy eyes and asked Wednesday, "Are you sure?" She wanted to spend time with Wednesday but also to have fun.

Wednesday nodded and answered. "I'm going to see Galpin."We nodded, and she walked off, and I accompanied Enid into the shop; the bell tinkled as we walked in. There were many bright-colored dresses, and a few Nevermore students mingled around trying on dresses. Enid looked like she was in heaven with the bright colors.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking behind her and discreetly surveying the people in the small shop and the exits. 

Enid stilled as she flicked through the dresses and asked, "Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

I grimaced at the bright pink dress in her hands and replied, "Your Gorgon missed your date. You were a mess. Also, my sister being herself may come across cold and rude, but she isn't. We grew up differently; our family is all like that. She likes your presence; you 'mellow' her out even if she won't say it."