𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝕺𝖋 𝕮𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖈𝖊

CHAPTER EIGHT

(act i)

THE WOES OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

'Friend or Woe'

We arrived a little later than we were supposed to at the Weathervane. I blame Dorian's need to mark me every two seconds.

I sighed when Tyler lit up when he saw me and glared at my boys, making me raise an eyebrow. He handed us all a white apron making me scrunch my nose up in disgust, and Tyler laughed at me.

"A little late Addams. It's all good, though," he winked at me, making Xavier and Dorian glare at him.

I took off my striped blazer and placed the apron over my school uniform with a frown. I looked up at Tyler with puppy eyes and asked, "Do I really have to wear this?"

I don't want to wear this; it's ugly, the wrong colour, and makes me look like an actual working class member. The horror. Was I trying to manipulate Tyler? Yes, of course.

Tyler's smile became sheepish, and he nodded slowly and said, "I know it's not the best thing but you have to wear. Regulations. You look good in anything though" he winked at me again and ruffled my hair and took off to the counter.

Was Tyler Galpin flirting with me?

The boys glared at Tyler's retreating figure, making me smile softly at them. We were all cladded in white aprons. It was a funny sight. We put our bags in the back and started working sadly.

Dorian, true to his word, made me a mean latte. It was surprisingly good. Dorian and Xavier were making coffees and tending the counter whilst I was playing waiter.

I ignored Larissa's suffocating stare, the interaction between the redhead and the Mayor, and the little flirtation thing they were having. It was gross.

Indeed we aren't like that? I'm not like that, right? Right?

I served customers, scared customers and made fun of customers for nearly an hour until Tyler came up to my side and sighed, "Please, stop scaring away customers Solomon."

I held back an eye roll, fluttered my eyelashes at him, and said softly, "I'm not. It's not my fault they're rude. I'm trying."

Tyler melted at my words and patted my shoulder softly, "It's okay. Your shift is nearly over. Would you like a drink?"

I smiled at him (fakely, not that he would know), and I nodded, "Do you have any peach iced tea?"

He nodded and went off to get my iced tea.

"You little minx. You have that boy wrapped around your finger, don't you" Dorian commented, looking baffled.

I chuckled, shrugging, "It's not hard. You and Xavier are the same. All boys are," I told him.