𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊: 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌?

CHAPTER NINE

(act i)

MISSING SOMETHING?

'Woe What a Night'

When we got back, Weems yelled at us for burning down the founding father's statute. Enid had set up a date with her Grogan, but he didn't show up. She was seething and crying the whole night.

We were now on our way to do a good old autopsy. Thing let us into the morgue through the garage, "While we do the autopsy, you find the files of the monsters' other victims and make copies," Wednesday ordered him like usual.

Wednesday set up her tools on one of the tables while I looked for the body. Thing taps loudly on the table, making Wednesday sigh, "Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable. Do you remember our 13th birthday party when Uncle Fester gave us that cadaver?" she called to me over her shoulder.

I laughed and shook my head, "You sliced right through the dude's carotid, Thing. You're never holding a scalpel again," I told him with a laugh, and he pouted. He wanted to be trusted with sharp things again; he waddled out of the morgue. I opened the door beside me, smiling when I saw the body.

"Found it!" I told Wednesday, and she helped me pull the body out. Wednesday pulled her recorder out and narrated, "Thursday, seven: twenty-three pm, The body is that of a 50-year-old male. Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled."

As Wednesday talked, I leaned over the body and looked at his feet, or lack thereof. The man's left foot was entirely taken off - with a saw by the looks of the marks.

But Rowan had lost his finger also, so perhaps the monster had grown a liking for different body parts, or he was collecting them as trophies.

Thing hurried in with panic, and I asked him about seeing the missing foot, and he shook his finger.

"Whose coming?" Wednesday asks, quickly packing her things up and putting them away. With hurried and harsh movements from his panicking, he ran off. Wednesday, and I jumped into empty compartments to chill in and hide.

I slowed my breathing and relaxed as the cold air washed over my body, leaving me feeling purified. Footsteps then entered the room, and two people, I noted.

After a boring conversation between Sheriff Galpin and the medical examiner about the missing foot I noticed earlier. As I assumed, it was surgically sawed off and stored in the medical fridge.

I waited for the coroner to leave, but he didn't. I glanced over to Wednesday and realized she didn't shut the door.

'Fuck fuck' I cursed mentally as the doctor walked closer to my sister.