47) p a m p e r e d

I felt like writing something sweet and sugary, so I hope you don't mind reading a feel-good chapter. ;)

~~~

Miles woke up, when something soft and ticklish touched the tip of his nose. He groaned and tried to turn on his side to get away from the ticklish touch, only to realize he was pinned to the bed. When he blinked his eyes, he could see the person responsible for his current stuck, ticklish state.

"Happy birthday, love." Ash murmured, leaning down to nuzzle Miles' nose. When he did so, the soft strands of his hair brushed against Miles' face, making Miles shiver.

"Mmh." Miles hummed, smiling when Ash brought their lips together into a lingering kiss. It was his 27th birthday, and he still wasn't sure what to think about it. He felt like the older he got, the faster the years passed by.

When Ash moved, sitting on the edge of the bed, Miles frowned at the loss of the warmth of his body. But then Ash picked up a tray from the nightstand and Miles felt a smile tucking up the corners of his mouth. No one had ever brought him breakfast in bed, and the morning of his 27th birthday seemed as perfect a timing as any.

"Je t’aime à la folie." Miles breathed, staring at the tray bulging with drool worthy croissants, fresh berries and melon cubes. He nearly bursted into tears when Ash opened a can of Monster for him and placed it in his waiting hands.

"Can you say that in English?" Ash asked, fixing a soft look of his dark eyes on Miles. He pushed his hair back and the jet black strands looked soft and silky flowing through his fingers. Miles scooted over to give him space so that they could both lean against the wall on the head of the bed.

"Didn't I just.." Miles muttered to himself, frowning in confusion. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand to drive away the drowsiness. Then, as he realized it was something he wouldn't have been able to say in English casually like that, he blushed. Some things just sounded less awkward in one language than another. "Nevermind, let's just eat."

"I know enough to know you just told me how much you love me." The smirk on Ash's lips spread even wider and he leaned in to peck Miles' cheek. Then he murmured in Miles' ear, his voice deep: "And just for the record, you speaking French is hot as hell."

Miles could feel the hair on the back of his neck standing up, while a blush creeped up his face. He could have made a joke about it, but his mind was wiped blank, so instead he picked up a croissant and dug in. Ash chuckled, but picked up one as well, and for a while they just munched their breakfasts in comfortable silence. 

"It's time for your present." Ash decided then, hopping off the bed to set aside the emptied tray. Miles watched him with narrowed eyes and a small intrigued grin. Then Ash was back, popping a poorly packed round object into his lap. 

"Oh, I guess we finally found something you're not good at." A playful smirk spread on Miles' lips as he studied the yellow wrapping which was all rumpled and clumsily taped to stay in one piece. 

"Shut up." Ash laughed dryly, before sitting at the end of the bed. 

Miles' eyes narrowed at first, as he didn't understand what he was looking at and why, but then he could feel his lips parting and turning to a surprised O. He was holding a matte black helmet, one meant for biking. When he glimpsed up at Ash, his eyes were asking a question. 

"Come on, we have so much to do today." Ash said instead, leaning closer to cup Miles' cheeks between his palms and give him a gentle, unhurried kiss. Then he stood up and held out his hand for Miles, to pull him on his feet.