Chapter 232

07 The Downfall of Consort Tao

In the imperial palace, Feng Xuan was currently sitting there. Sitting by him was an elderly man.

The elder was once the department head of the Imperial Physician Department; his medical skills were superb. Ten years ago, he suddenly resigned from his official position to become a barefoot doctor (T/N: sort of like freelance doctors) traveling the pugilistic world. But every few years, he would return to examine Feng Xuan’s health. This time, he passed by the capital and came to specially examine Feng Xuan.

“It has been three years since this emperor has seen Imperial Physician Lin!” Feng Xuan hasn’t changed his address of the elderly man. This Imperial Physician Lin has been following him since he was still a prince. The people by his side has lessened and Feng Xuan reminiscence his younger years even more. Just like how he was reminiscing Jing shi when he looked at Consort Tao.

Imperial Physician Lin was now a barefoot doctor wandering in the pugilistic world, treating those of the poor who needed medical treatment. Some time ago, there was a household in the capital who asked for him to treat the master of that house and so Imperial Physical Lin came. Since he came to the capital, naturally he entered the palace to ask for a checkup. What Imperial Physician Lin didn’t know that his coming to the palace was all planned by someone, even his coming to the palace for a checkup was planned by someone else.

“Yes, this commoner has been traveling all over Feng empire for three years!” Imperial Physician Lin sighed with feeling. In his middle age, he was a physician for the prince manor. After the prince became the Emperor, he rose to become an imperial physician.

Feng Xuan sat there reminiscing those days that were filled with bumps but he had Jing shi accompanying him. Feng Xuan remembered that no matter how late he came back home from his duties, Jing shi always sat in the front hall waiting for his return. Later, when was it that no one waited in the night for him to return home? It seems to be when he married in several side consorts. At that time, there were more women in the manor, for rivalry for favor, and with Jing shi’s simple and stubborn temper, they gradually drifted apart.

“This emperor’s body is getting worse year after year. This emperor originally planned to send people to receive you into the palace. A consort in this emperor’s palace miscarried. Imperial Physician Lin go take a look if she has harmed her body!” Feng Xuan said smiling. As for Consort Tao’s miscarriage, Feng Xuan felt guilty and heartache. AS for that unfilial son, Feng Xia Qi, his heart really gave rise to an urge to kill, but remembering his fourth son’s abilities as well as Jing shi, Feng Xuan only put him under house arrest. If he acknowledged his wrongdoings, everything was fine. But if he refused to admit his wrongs and continued to make things difficult for his Imperial Father’s consort, it was no longer necessary for him to sit on the position of Crown Prince!

Feng Xuan has sat on the throne of Emperor for many years and is already used to others bowing down to him. How can he tolerate others disobeying him time and again? It was enough with Feng Yi Xuan. Because of guilt, he tolerated it for so long. Now Feng Xia Qi was the same, Feng Xuan was still angered, even having the thought of abolishing the Crown Prince.

Hearing the Emperor’s words, Imperial Physician Lin was more or less shocked as a complicated expression overtook his face as he looked at the Emperor. His mouth opened to say something but didn’t know what to say. In his life of practicing medicine, his medical ethics were good and couldn’t conceal anything. But this matter seemed to involve too many things. Imperial Physician Lin didn’t know how to say it.

Feng Xuan saw Imperial Physician Lin’s facial expression and knew the imperial physician Lin must have something he couldn’t say. Feng Xuan trusted Imperial Physician. Suddenly, he thought of if there’s a problem with his body, Feng Xuan anxiously asked, “Is there a problem with this emperor’s body? Imperial Physician Lin, speak what is on your mind. This emperor is old. It is normal for there to have some ailments.”