Chapter 233

08 Consort Tao’s Real Face

Because of Feng Xuan’s departure, only Feng Yi Xuan and the other three people remained in the palace hall, as well as Consort Tao who was sprawled on the ground.

The four each took a seat. Lan You Nian hugged Feng Yi Xuan’s neck, asking in a spoiled tone, “Xuan, have you vented your anger?” Previously, Lan You Nian had a favorable opinion of Feng Xuan, this elder, but thinking of Feng Yi Xuan’s sufferings, Lan You Nian took delight in Feng Xuan’s pain.

“Nian Nian did this for me?” Feng Yi Xuan’s eyes glowed as he gazed at Lan You Nian. He knew of Nian Nian’s love in watching dramas. Hence, he didn’t think too much when Nian Nian expressed the desire to enter the palace, even if the object of the drama she wanted to watch as his Imperial Father. For Feng Yi Xuan, this was all meaningless, as long as it makes Nian Nian happy. Yet, Feng Yi Xuan didn’t expect to do all this for him. Feng Yi Xuan felt his heart filled with feelings of joy, hating he couldn’t swallow the girl in his arms up to express his feelings.

“En!” Lan You Nian nodded her small head and smiled as she said, “Maybe you don’t care anymore but Nian Nian will help you take everything back!” Lan You Nian and Feng Yi Xuan were similarly protective of their own people. Hence, towards Feng Xuan, Lan You Nian long had the desire to teach him a lesson. In Lan You Nian’s heart, if you gave Feng Yi Xuan a hard time, then you don’t even need to think about living!

“With Nian Nian venting for me, I am very happy!” Feng Yi Xuan just couldn’t help himself as he pecked Lan You Nian’s lips, a smile blooming on his face. The doting smile he wore made others who saw it feel as if they were floating on clouds, feeling his entire body being shrouded by a warm light, an indecipherable warmth and comfort.

Feng Xia Qi and Yue Bai Lian shared a smile. As the two of them held hands, they felt fulfilled. Wasn’t it their hope that the two of them could love each other? As for them, weren’t they quite happy as well?

Lan You Nian got down from Feng Yi Xuan’s lap and came over to Consort Tao. Lan You Nian’s pure white scallion fingers thoroughly outlined Consort Tao’s stunning face, the delicate gesture was like treating a cherished person or thing, but Consort Tao felt as if her entire body was immersed in ice, even her breathing became short.

Seeing Consort Tao’s fearful expression, the smile on Lan You Nian’s lips widened, making her face turn into a cold beauty, emitting a deadly devilish charm. Every smile was capable of capturing one’s heart and freezing to the extreme.

Leaning into Consort Tao’s ear, Lan You Nian’s breath puffed on Consort Tao’s cheek but the words she spoke made Consort Tao seem like she lost her soul.

“My beloved sister Lan Ya, it’s been so long!” Lan You Nian’s voice wasn’t loud but it was enough for the others to hear. From the start, Lan You Nian felt this Consort Tao gave her a familiar feelings. The hatred Consort Tao leeked out made Lan You Nian especially vigilant. Lan You Nian has been investigating and pondering on it but didn’t come up with anything, until that day she saw Consort Tao and Old Madame’s chatting, did she suddenly realize. Because this Consort Tao’s every behavior and gesture, despite disguising herself very well, it could not erase Lan Ya’s mannerisms.

When Lan You Nian returned to Feng Yi Xuan’s side, Feng Yi Xuan took out a handkerchief in displeasure as he wiped Lan You Nian’s fingers and sternly scolded Lan You Nian, “You are forbidden from touching other people!”