Chapter 248

23 Prince Ming Manor’s Betrothal Gifts

A slender beauty lies on the soft chaise in the garden of You Nian Pavilion. Her brows curved like crescents, lashes like butterfly wings. Between her brows, there was a red vermillion dot, making her appear even more enchanting. Her face was white as fine jade, breakable with a single touch. Her hair was done into a cloud hairstyle, exposing her jade-like neck. She was dressed in brocade layers that spread all over the floor. Only several slender fingers were exposed. From far away, it was really beautiful.

As soon as Gui Yi Zi and the others entered You Nian Pavilion, they saw this stunning scenery. Even though Lan You Nian was the girl they all saw grow up, they couldn’t help sigh that time really rushed by like water. The spirited jade child has now become a fairy-like beauty.

“Master! My brothers, why are you all here?” Lan You Nian hastily rose to her feet when she saw Gui Yi Zi and the five brothers. Lan Qu brought out the tea set. Lan You Nian poured tea for the six of them as she asked them. Her master has been living in Prince Ming manor the last few days. The other brothers lived in Xiao Jin Pavilion. Considering it, a month has passed since her poison was cured.

Gui Yi Zi sipped on the tea Lan You Nian brewed and felt in a better mood. Thea tea Nianer made tasted the best, not like the stinky brats with him who were useless. It’s good that he picked up little Nian’er all those years ago.

“Your master has stayed in the capital for long enough. There isn’t anyone in the Medical Valley to manage it. Master came to tell you master will be going back!” Though Gui Yi Zi was reluctant to part with his youngest disciple Lan You Nian, as a person of the pugilistic world, he still preferred living in the Medical Valley. He didn’t like the bustling capital. Gui Yi Zi was a little miffed, “If master doesn’t go back, I will be annoyed to death by those shadow guards in Prince Ming manor!”

After Gui Yi Zi said this, the others nodded in agreement. Gui Er exclaimed, “Little junior sister you don’t know, not only do those shadow guards bother master frequently, they won’t even let us go!”

Lan You Nian gaped in surprise at their grumbling expressions. She didn’t understand why the shadow guards in Prince Ming manor would harass master them. Whatever those shadow guards did must have been on Feng Yi Xuan’s orders. Lan You Nian asked curiously, “Did they make trouble for you?” If it was true, she must have a talk with Feng Yi Xuan. Master them was important to them. They were the family that were indispensible to her.

Gui Wu hastily waved his hand. Though they came to complain and tattle-tell, they didn’t want to incite strife between little junior sister and Prince Ming’s relationship. They’ve already accepted Prince Ming becoming little junior sister’s husband.

“Hmph! It would be fine if they were! Those shadow guards treat us too well. If we need anything, they would bring it to us. Whatever we do, those shadow guards will help out!” Gui Si declared chillingly. He was nearly made made by Prince Ming manor’s shadow guards. If you wanted to have a fight with him, don’t worry, those shadow guards will let you win. That respectful and flattering attitude made Gui Si’s head ache.

“Ah?” Lan You Nian was confused. Why did Feng Yi Xuan do this. Even if master and her senior brothers were her family, he should do this. Why would these shadow guards become so “shameless”?

“Why is this?” Lan You Nian pulled on Gui Yi Zi’s sleeve. She can tell master was angry. But there were people treating master them nicely, why should they be angry?

Though Gui Yi Zi wanted to be angry with Feng Yi Xuan, faced with the disciple he protected as she grew, he didn’t have a temper. He only curled his beard saying, “That stinky brat wants to marry our family’s little Nian Nian. Hmph! Little Nian Nian is still young yet he wants to steal you away! Master doesn’t agree. He actually has those shadow guards endlessly fawn over master. Is master that kind of person?”