Chapter 234

09 Feng Xia Qi Ascends the Throne

When summer passed, Feng Xia Qi ascended the imperial throne rightfully by Feng Xuan’s personal decree and Yue Bai Lian became the Empress. When Lan You Nian received this news, she was still slightly shocked. She didn’t expect Feng Xuan to abdicate so soon. After all, with Feng Xuan’s age, he could still sit on the throne for many years.

When Feng Yi Xuan arrived in You Nian Pavilion after leaving court, Lan You Nian had just received the news. As usual, Feng Yi Xuan pulled Lan You Nian into his arms, even though they just separated at sunrise.

“Imperial brother ascended the throne!” Feng Xuan sighed with feeling. Actually, he was surprised too when this imperial decree was issued to the morning court suddenly without giving anyone a chance to prepare, thus giving everyone a shock. Feng Xia Qi was the Crown Prince in the first place and having a favorable impression, naturally no one objected to the imperial decree.

“Xuan, Brother Xia Qi has now ascended the throne, are you happy?” Lan You Nian watched as Feng Yi Xuan changed out of his black court uniform, taking the initiative to pull Feng Yi Xuan’s hand as she asked. She could tell Feng Yi Xuan didn’t have much feelings for the Feng Empire. Feng Yi Xuan was the type of person to do as he wished. He was willing to do so much for Feng Empire, it’s most likely because of Feng Xia Qi this imperial brother.

Feng Yi Xuan didn’t conceal anything as he nodded. Since they were young, he and imperial brother have been bullied and humiliated. From that moment, they started to covet that spot, not because of greed for that power, only because that power allowed them to protect the people they wanted to protect. Later, as they gradually grew up, Feng Yi Xuan grew even more powerful. Even without the imperial throne, Feng Yi Xuan could still protect the people he wanted to protect. But this throne was still theirs. To say they weren’t happy would be false, but Feng Yi Xuan still felt a sense of melancholy.

“Then for the dinner party I’ll be holding at Zhen Wei Pavilion, will Brother Xia Qi and Bai Lian be coming?” Lan You Nian asked, uncertain. Now that Feng Xia Qi has ascended the throne, he must have many things to take care of. Feng Xia Qi was no longer a prince nor the Crown Prince but the Emperor. As the Emperor, he had too much helplessness and things he couldn’t control. Lan You Nian feared Feng Xia Qi would be bound by the throne and put on the mask of an Emperor and be beyond recognition.

“They will go. We only need to wait at Zhen Wei Pavilion!” Feng Yi Xuan said with certainty. Though he was indifferent, he understood his imperial brother very ewell. Though imperial brother liked authoritarian power, he definitely won’t become a captive to power, nor would he be greedy for this power.

“Alright!” Lan You Nian beamed. She believed in Feng Yi Xuan’s words more and more, as if everything Feng Yi Xuan said was right. Feng Yi Xuan, in her heart, has become the greatest man, becoming the god of her heart.

Meanwhile, in the palace, eunuchs and palace maids were taking the measurements for Feng Xia Qi and Yue Bai Lian. Because the Supreme Emperor’s imperial decree was too hasty, the new Emperor’s imperial robes and Empress’s robes haven’t been made, the entire imperial palace was busy at work to make preparations for the imperial coronation of the Emperor. Yue Bai Lian has become the mistress of the entire imperial palace. Unfortunately, the phoenix seal that controlled the harem was in the hands of the Grand Empress Dowager. Yue Bai Lian, though, didn’t care for it.

Waving her hand to have the eunuchs and palace maids withdraw, Yue Bai Lian asked, “Your Majesty, will we be going to Zhen Wei Pavilion tonight?”