Chapter 246

21 Warmth After Life and Death

Lan You Nian felt her body became light. The poison that has been with her for many years has left her. Before Lan You Nian could open her eyes, she could already feel Feng Yi Xuan’s warmth, as well as his familiar smell, making Lan You Nian’s heart at peace.

Suddenly, Lan You Nian remembered the blood tears she saw. Lan You Nian stiffened and with trembling lashes, she opened her eyes. Feng Yi Xuan whose whole attention was on Lan You Nian saw Lan You Nian’s movement. He knew Lan You Nian was about to wake up. At this time, Feng Yi Xuan was a little panicked. He remembered the scar on his face. Though he hasn’t seen it himself, he knew of the white bear’s strength. His face was most likely disfigured. He never regretted it nor did he care but when he saw a perfect Nian Nian, Feng Yi Xuan suddenly felt uneasy.

Lan You Nian struggled to open her eyes but before she could see anything clearly, her eyes were covered by a warm hand. In an instant, Lan You Nian’s vision turned into darkness. Though she couldn’t see anything, Lan You Nian didn’t feel a hint of fear or unease. Because it was Feng Yi Xuan.

“Xuan?” Lan You Nian asked in confusion. Lan You Nian’s confused voice carried an ethereal air. After curing her poison, Lan You Nian seemed to be washed anew. If Lan You Nian in the past had a hint of otherworldly air; then, Lan You Nian now was surrounded by an air of transcendency, making others worship.

Feng Yi Xuan pursed his lips, his eyes turning uneasily, and finally uttered though his voice was raspy and magnetic, “Nian Nian, don’t’ look!” He knew Nian Nian wouldn’t mind his scar, but Feng Yi Xuan minded Nian Nian will become upset if she saw his scar. He didn’t want Nian Nian upset.

Lan You Nian reached out her fingers to curl around the hand covering up her eyes, asking coquettishly, “But I missed Xuan! I want to see you! Do you know? While I was unconscious, I can hear you whispering in my ear. I wanted to stop you but I couldn’t make a sound or open my eyes. Xuan, do you know how afraid I was?”

Feng Yi Xuan heard Lan You Nian’s words and slowly put down the hand covering up Lan You Nian’s eyes. He still said in advance, “Nian Nian, no matter what, don’t overthink. No matter what, I did it willingly!”

With Feng Yi Xuan’s words, Lan You Nian looked towards Feng Yi Xuan anxiously. It was this one glance Lan You Nian could no longer hold back her tears. Teardrops like pearls dripped onto Feng Yi Xuan’s chest, burning Feng Yi Xuan’s heart.

It’s only been a month. For her, it took her the time to close her eyes and then open them. The man in front of her has become unrecognizable. The previously handsomely unmatched face is buried under all the exhaustion. Stubble she has never seen before has grown out. The thick dark circles under that pair of purple eyes filled with red veins. Lan You Nian can still see traces of the blood tear. What made Lan You Nian’s heart hurt was the long scar flying across Feng Yi Xuan’s right face. Because it wasn’t treated in time, Lan You Nian can still see the traces of blood on the scar. She didn’t think the scar was horrifying but her heart ached. This pain was even more painful than the poison flaring up. She found it hard to breathe.

Lan You Nian continued to look over him and caught sight of Feng Yi Xuan’s crumbled robes. There were still traces of blood on the clothes. The previously cleanliness obsessive man wore clothes that haven’t been changed for an unknown number of days without being conscious of it. The hands that held hers were covered with frostbite, ruining the beauty of those hands.

“Xuan…” Lan You Nian stroked Feng Yi Xuan’s face with heartache, “Is it because of me? Is it because of me?” Lan You Nian knew this was all because of her. Because of her, this man became like this. Such a stupid man, what should she do with him?